• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging

CazandCo

Alpha Buck
Poppy has been digging to Australia today, I guess I need to buy some more paving slabs.

Am hoping to persuade the O/H to help build a small scale bunnyville like I have seen on here. She has a big run currently but I think she wants a mansion.

Her little white paws were filthy, covered in mud. It's the first time she has done this

Is Poppy neutered, as I have found that once neutered they lose most of their interest in digging. Some raqbbits want to dig more than others and it is nice, if you can, to provide a special place for this activity.

Is Poppy neutered, as I have found that once neutered they lose most of their interest in digging. Some raqbbits want to dig more than others and it is nice, if you can, to provide a special place for this activity.

I don't know why you continue to say this when many of us have pointed out that it is simply not true - neutering does not mean rabbits lose interest in digging. If they are diggers, they are diggers. I have posted pictures of the lovely tunnels and burrows dug my neutered rabbits.

Being neutered/spayed and losing hormones removes one reason to dig. Hormones cause a female rabbit to want to create a burrow, especially if she is pre or during a false pregnancy. Boys can dig to find s girl to mate with and to get to and drive off any potential threat. So removing hormones can remove the 'need' to dig, however it does not remove the want for those that just purely enjoy it. So it can be very relevant but won't necessarily change the behaviour (somewhat a similar principle to litter training).

Back