• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Central Heating?

Tallgirl

Warren Scout
Hello :wave:

This will be the first winter I have had house rabbits and I'm a little unsure about what I should do with regards to central heating and if this will affect them in anyway.

They have full run of the house when we are home and during the day they have a large double bedroom.

I know I haven't really asked a specific question, just wondering what others do as I don't want to make them uncomfortable. Thank you!!

Julie is a house rabbit. She does fine with the central heating and air. I don't let her outside though. She adjusts her coats.

I was worried how my buns would be with central heating, but if anything they love it.

Most times when it's on they actively move to the radiator in their room and sit beside, they seem to like the heat.

Most buns are fine with it. My Snowdrop couldn't tolerate it at all though, it made her tummy condition much worst and so we moved her outside where she has been 100% better.

Doesn't bother mine at all! Bear even sits under the radiator if it's really cold!
I jut keep the 1 in there room on the lowest setting so it doesn't get to hot and stuffy as we keep the door closed.

Back