• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not for the squeamish!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I posted a couple of days ago that I thought we were finally getting there with Trevor's sores. At last they are starting to heal rather than get worse by the day.

So today when the bandages came off I took photos to compare with this time last week and there really is a huge difference :D

Last friday :(

P1030540.jpg

P1030539.jpg

Today

P1030572.jpg

P1030570.jpg

we have changed from sudocreme to manuka honey for a few days and now we are using vet gold cream as the honey was making such a mess!

Still a long way to go but I really thing we are getting there :D

And for those who missed this pic on the previous thread, a pretty one of her face to make you smile

P1030559.jpg

They look much better - the sores looked really red and, well, sore (for want of a better word :oops:) last week but they seem to be healing nicely. :D

I can't tell you how relieved I am that they are finally improving. I feel like I have been battling this forever. I know its not my fault she is self harming but I feel so guilty that I couldn't stop it. If she could walk normally it wouldn't have been such a huge problem but because of the way she pulls herself it has been the biggest night mare ever :cry:

Ah manuka honey! :thumb: It does work miracles. Glad she's improving. She has such a cheeky little face! :love::love:

Ah manuka honey! :thumb: It does work miracles. Glad she's improving. She has such a cheeky little face! :love::love:

Gave up with it after three days we were getting a rather sticky carpet, and dressings that came off were being nibbled and because it was making her sticky she was frantically trying to pull it off her skin so am not sure if it helped or not! Anyway we are on vet gold now and it seems pretty good stuff :D

Gave up with it after three days we were getting a rather sticky carpet, and dressings that came off were being nibbled and because it was making her sticky she was frantically trying to pull it off her skin so am not sure if it helped or not! Anyway we are on vet gold now and it seems pretty good stuff :D

Ah, fair enough. I'm just thinking maybe it did some real good in those three days, as like Toadstool, who I used it on, her skin has turned from red to pink. Not good if she was trying to pull it off though; sounds like your new stuff is just as effective.. :thumb:

Oh what wonderful news.

You're doing everything possible to help dear Trevor. Well done.:thumb::thumb:

And a gentle little cuddle for Trevor.........please. xxx

Oh what wonderful news.

You're doing everything possible to help dear Trevor. Well done.:thumb::thumb:

And a gentle little cuddle for Trevor.........please. xxx

I shall cover her in big squishy head kisses for you, she loves them :lol: Despite her tiny size and her problems she isn't really a gentle bunny if you know what I mean. I think she is a real tomboy :love: If she wasn't disabled I hate to thing what mischief she would get into :lol: Hopefully one day I will get to find out :D

Yay :)

I don't know Trevor's story, but I always click on links with her name because she's so lovely, bless her.

Yay :)

I don't know Trevor's story, but I always click on links with her name because she's so lovely, bless her.

Thank you :love:

Trevor spent 4 hours with her bandages off yesterday evening and no major damage was done. She did some lovely happy flops and was asleep flat out with her head on Dave's tummy :love::love:

I am hoping to extend the time she is without them today :D

Back