• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what treats do yours love

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
what are your rabbits favourite teats and what do they like when they go back in the hutches/cages,,, we have decided to bring baby bunny indoors for the winter and obviously I want her to be tame so gonna start of with loving cuddles then progress to excersise in the hall in which I will encourage her to come to me with treats then eventualy run of the downstairs so need some yummy treat ideas to encourage her to come to me and also for when she goes away

Mine both like different things. Iggy bunny is a bit mad for green beans and likes the chocolate drops for his treat ball. Betty likes the crispy treats more. The ones like sticks from Wilkos are her favourite so far. Perdy used to love the little crispy disks the best. :D

what are your rabbits favourite teats and what do they like when they go back in the hutches/cages,,, we have decided to bring baby bunny indoors for the winter and obviously I want her to be tame so gonna start of with loving cuddles then progress to excersise in the hall in which I will encourage her to come to me with treats then eventualy run of the downstairs so need some yummy treat ideas to encourage her to come to me and also for when she goes away

Obviously healthy treats are best like apple, carrot and herbs like basil, mint, parsley but if it's something that is very very occasional (like a vet trip or after a claw clip) I use Carrotys (these:http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=433&pf_id=8396) or Fenugreek crunchies (these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boredom-Breaker-Naturals-Fenugreek-Crunchies/dp/B0041TSHOW) :)

Fenugreek crunchies!!! Other than that I mostly give herbs and leaves that I have foraged or bought per dried. They LOVE them and I feel better giving them more natural stuff.

Mine love the salad sticks. I'm not sure exactly what is in them but they look like just crushed powders formed into a pellet shape. Fenugreek crunchies as well and when Liz (Hugo's There) does a batch of biscuits I usually get a few packets. They usually get one of one of those every other day or so.

For every day treats they get dried apple leaves, dried bramble leaves, apple sticks, etc. or treat hay like oat, wheat and barley or Timothy hay.

I get packs of natural dried foods like dandelion, plantain, apple bits, clovers etc. The buns love it and just seeing me walk IN THE DIRECTION of the little box where they are stored is enough to set them off in a frenzy:lol:

But at least it allows me to be more generous with them knowing that these are all good for them and wont make them porky. Its a win-win really - i get to become really popular with the buns too!! :D

Back