• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits & Christmas Trees

Probably abit early to ask this question but oh well, because my two rabbits are house rabbits, I wanted to know what rabbits are like with Christmas trees? Are they ok around Christmas trees as we usually get a real tree and they're really inquisitive so I know they'll be buzzing around it for a few days or should we get a fake one? :)

My previous two bunnies used to pull the baubles off our tree, i think at one point it came down altogether. We now have a small fake one we out in our window, we also have a lot younger bunnies now who would cause mayhem with a tree, looks as if we will have to stick with the fake b and q one again this year :D

be awarw of any cable wires you may use on your tree with lights, if your bunnies chews id advice fencing around the christmas tree somehow

My little boy bunny loved the tree in my living room so much last year i think i have to think of some way to keep him out this year! He spent long periods under the tree biting and destroying the lower branches that hung down within his reach (it was a real nordman tree). Obviously he saw them as annoying bits in the way of his space! He also pulled a few of the decorations off, but that wasnt so much the trouble! :roll:
We finally left him to it because he was just so attracted to it and was really enjoying himself. He was lounging under the tree just chilling out like a present, and looked so cute!

When we finally cleared out the tree in early January, we had A LOT of sweeping and vaccuming to do with bits of leaves etc. Thankfully though, the branches and leaves kept him so busy he didnt bother much with the lighting wires, which we tried to lift up out of his reach.

Christmas is definitely the buns's fav season though - not only do they have the tree, they get home baked christmas cookies in stockings!! :lol:

Thanks Everyone! I want to get a real tree but just wanted to make sure that is its safe if they were to chew on the branches and not poisonous, I never though about the wires though...stupid me!! Might have to go without lights x

i havn't had a tree (real or fake) for about 3 or four years now for fear of what might happen.....

rabbits climb and fall....trip to vets

rabbits climb and tree falls....trip to vets

rabbits nudge tree and tree falls on rabbits.....trip to vets

rabbits chew glass baubles....trip to vets

rabbits tread on broken glass baubles....trip to vets

rather have no tree and no trip to vets:D

mine werent bothered by ours last year, but at chucking out time in the evening they found it fun to run round the base :roll: rupert did keep knocking the baubles off the bottom tho - so the bottom was bare... he'd just knock them off and wait to be chased out the way lol

Only have a very small artificial tree which is put on top of a table.

Out of harms way................and Estelle's and Frankie's!!!!!

Our fake one has bits missing at the bottom because somebunny (*coughBORIScough*) decided it was tasty and wouldn't leave it alone :lol:

We have a massive 8 foot fake tree and Mo and Bo love sitting underneath it! We thought we would be clever and have the presents under the tree and cover with a fluffy white fleece blanket (snow look) but Bo being Bo would scrat at the blanket! So we removed the presents, boxed off the wires and they both say happily under the tree. We don't do tinsel so we have no worries there and all out baulbels are plastic!

Back