• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

happyhutch quality

Sorry I've no experience with them.

My OH makes all of mine from scratch.:thumb: Lucky me.

Hopefully someone else who can help will be along soon.

I have a happy hutch hutch it has lasted me a good few years too :) its the 6ft by 2ft by 2ft one with run underneath if that helps

Hi, I bought a 6' x 3' x 3' happy hutch and run about a month ago. It is very good, sturdy quality, very happy with it. Just had a couple of small problems, the door to the bed area wouldn't shut and had to buy a planer to plane the wood down, which was a bit of a pain. It doesn't come with bolts for the doors, so I had to buy them extra, and I can't get the hutch to sit squarely on the run so is at a slight angle which I don't like. But as I said it is very good quality and I'll be buying another one soon but just the hutch this time as they will have a separate run attached with the runaround system.

Hope that helps :D

Last edited:
I think they are a good quality for the price - they're much better quality than the PAH type in my opinion - the wood is much sturdier throughout, but not as solid as the ryedales etc...but then they're not the price of the ryedales etc either! As a good value for money hutch I think they are one of the better ones. There are similar ones out there from other places but they often have 2 doors instead of 3 and a random bit in the middle where the door doesn't open, which makes cleaning and handling more difficult! I've also just bought a 6x3x3 over a run from them and I am also very pleased with the quality (mine does sit squarely on the run) - the bigger ones use thicker wood and it's beautifully solid.

Back