• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Maurice seems to prefer a bowl to drink from....and we (karen and I) noticed that he gets his ears wet. The other problem with having a bowl is Rosie. She is bad enough for trying to drink from Marnies bottle :roll:

It needs to be big and heavy...so I have been looking at dog bowls. I found this and thought that as Marnie and Maurice both have large floppy ears I figured it might work well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mason-Cas...1?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item3cc8ad5c01

Only thing is that it seems to be quite deep....and I'm not sure if they would like it :?

Has anyone used one for a bunny before?

I used a spaniel bowl with Gracie because she was forever getting wet ears :D

Somehow I knew you'd answer :lol:

Marnie isn't bothered about putting her head in things (she steals my tea from my mug :roll: ) but I don't know about Maurice....do you think it might bother him?

As they are quite big buns i would think they should be able to get to the water ok, but keep an eye on them to make sure they can get it and if not, have to have a rethink!

:shock: I now have images of Rosie lying down on the floor and drinking from the bowl. :lol::lol::oops:

Sounds like you will have your hands full. ;)

I have several of these and they do work for long eared buns. I use them in my boarding accommodation and most buns seem to manage. Nice and heavy and noone has ever managed to top them over either.

Somehow I knew you'd answer :lol:

Marnie isn't bothered about putting her head in things (she steals my tea from my mug :roll: ) but I don't know about Maurice....do you think it might bother him?

:lol: anything to do with big ears and im right over :lol:, plus my obvious love for your Marnie makes me look out for your posts, now i dont have an EL :(.

Anyway, back to the point, Maurice looks like a big boy, he should manage no problem. If he is struggling then maybe have to think of a small bowl so only his mouth can go in, but im not a fan of small water bowls because they tip easily and because my rabbits drink a lot, so i would need about 10 little bowls to my 3 big ones for my group of 7 :lol:.

he will be fine - we have some really huge deep bowls that we use for the groups - as 6 buns can get through a lot of water!

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I can't keep up with filling the little bowl I have here for them but the water in the bottle isn't going down at all. Going to put another bowl in today so they have two as I don't have a huge heavy one - the one they are using is a cat bowl.

Given the amount of hay they are both eating, I guess it's natural that they are both drinking loads too.

Just given them their morning pellets and they are happily nomming away:love:

Nothing better than the sound of bunnies crunching away at their breakfasts - the sound of pure contentment!

Sorry - can't help with the long ears in water problem - Bobo has a ceramic dog bowl, but a normal one. It holds about 500 mls of water and we full it up in the morning and evening...partly because he ends up getting straw in it and throws his willow balls in there too. During the hot weather he gets two bowls...and it's a lot easier actually as we can put ice cubes in to keep the water cold for him which he loves.

:shock: I now have images of Rosie lying down on the floor and drinking from the bowl. :lol::lol::oops:

Sounds like you will have your hands full. ;)

You really aren't far off it :oops: :roll:

:lol: anything to do with big ears and im right over :lol:, plus my obvious love for your Marnie makes me look out for your posts, now i dont have an EL :(.

Anyway, back to the point, Maurice looks like a big boy, he should manage no problem. If he is struggling then maybe have to think of a small bowl so only his mouth can go in, but im not a fan of small water bowls because they tip easily and because my rabbits drink a lot, so i would need about 10 little bowls to my 3 big ones for my group of 7 :lol:.

Awww. Did you see the pictures of them in their bonding pen on the bonding thread? Maurice is bigger than Marnie :love: He's so smooshy too :love:

We couldn't have a small bowl...Marnie would probably throw it around or Rosie will pick it up and spill it everywhere :roll:

Awww. Did you see the pictures of them in their bonding pen on the bonding thread? Maurice is bigger than Marnie :love: He's so smooshy too :love:

We couldn't have a small bowl...Marnie would probably throw it around or Rosie will pick it up and spill it everywhere :roll:

No :shock: i must go have a look, dont know how the slipped through the net :shock: *races off*

Back