• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost as good as the excuse Jane was given for someone giving up a rabbit

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Gumtree - rabbit and guinea pig free to good home with cage, genuine reason for rehoming, we have a baby on the way

:censored::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

So many animals end up in rescue for this 'reason' i wonder how many kids are up for adoption as the mum wanted to get a cat?

That's terrible :(

My degree is in animal behaviour, I read about this in several text books. It can often be a problem that animal keepers see the animals as their children. Of course it can also be great because it means the animals get the love and attention they need, but in cases like this it can mean that the animal is merely a substitute for a human child, and is no longer needed when a *real* child comes along.

I possibly treat my animals better than my kids :/ i never make them tidy their iwn rooms or wake them up early for school :lol:

Thats just another way of saying that 'we never really loved our pets that much' anyway...:roll:

I have 2 wonderful bunnies that my husband and i love and pamper to bits! They have their own room and free range in the house. We also have a baby on the way and very excited! However, despite strange looks from my mom and friends, i am adamant that the bunnies will keep their room and privileges. We will make other accommodation for the baby in our bedroom and cant wait to teach our child all about the bunnies and how to care for them! :D

I dont get that at all ... i love the mix of pets and kids..i wouldnt be without either!! Clearly im mad but we have three kids (almost 6,3 and 21 months) and we have 3 buns (soon to be 6), millie the lurcher puppy, lottie the foster puppy and there is a possibility of another hound tomorrow! I love them all :love:

I think it is far better for kids to be born and brought up in a house full of animals - I am convinced there would be less allergies, stronger immune systems etc. I come from Africa originally and we have that dried beef stuff called Biltong which is great for teething babies - my mum would give me stick, I would chew on it, one of the dogs would take it and have a chew - I would take it back and have a chew - and so it would go on. Cats were allowed everywhere. Dogs were on the beds. And apart from the normal things like measels and mumps I was very rarely ill...which has continued through to this day. I really think I am stronger health wise today as a result of being subjected to doggy germs from a baby.

I often think when my niece and nephew come over that they should be put in the rabbit hutches while the rabbits get to run around.....;)

Fellie i agree, there are other benefits too, its easier to teach kids how to care for and be compassionate to animals and makes them kinder nicer people. My kids move snails off the pavement whereas ive seen other kids stamp on them :(

Fellie I totally agree, and I think in fgenerel, ppl who grew up with pets are kinder, and nicer people too.

We always had pets, and I have no allergies, hubby had no pets (well one rabbit who lived outside) and he and his brother have soooo many allergies and get poorly at the slightest little thing, I hardly ever get poorly!

Baby free to good home. Comes with clothes and nappies. Reason for getting rid is we just don't have enough time or money for it. Really sad. Must go soon.

Thats just another way of saying that 'we never really loved our pets that much' anyway...:roll:

I have 2 wonderful bunnies that my husband and i love and pamper to bits! They have their own room and free range in the house. We also have a baby on the way and very excited! However, despite strange looks from my mom and friends, i am adamant that the bunnies will keep their room and privileges. We will make other accommodation for the baby in our bedroom and cant wait to teach our child all about the bunnies and how to care for them! :D

:D That's so nice.

Back