• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BBC complaint

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
So awhile ago I wrote to the BBC because I didnt like it when I saw on the one show some rabbits and the rabbit breeder kept holding the rabbit weirdly and making it stand all unnatural.
Anyway I got a reply saying the man is a reputable breeder so knows 'how to care for rabbits'.
Am I right or wrong in thinking that he may know how to care for rabbits but in my opinion not in a way thats best for the rabbits, surely breeders are self satisfying ie they dont have rabbits the same way I have rabbits? or do they? I dont know any breeders, so just felt they kept them iorn rubbish hutches and got rid of imperfect ones etcetc Just wanted some info about this...whether Im just totally misinformed...or yeh.....

There are good breeders (?) and bad and a load in the middle. The focus of the breeder is on why they are breeding rabbits, not on the individual animals. Well done for speaking up for rabbits.

Was that the little bunny on the one show? The women presenter did ask him and He said it was so he could keep its attention. Why he needed to i never know.

I couldn't get why he kept making the poor bun sit like that. Leave the blooming thing alone ggrrrr.

Was that the little bunny on the one show? The women presenter did ask him and He said it was so he could keep its attention. Why he needed to i never know.

I couldn't get why he kept making the poor bun sit like that. Leave the blooming thing alone ggrrrr.

yes, that was the one, poor bun. I just didnt get why he needed the bun to do that either...

People just either don't understand or don't want to understand how to care, handle bunnies.

It's life...............but not how I like it though.

I would point out that anyone can stick to rabbits together and end up with babies but you believe that the RSPCA and RWA would not recommend handling bunnies in that way.

Back