• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stolen rabbit (Sutton, Greater London / Surrey)

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
Some time between midnight on Monday and Tuesday afternoon one of my rabbits was stolen from my garden in Carshalton :(

Jasper is a white lop with pink eyes, he's 4 years old and neutered.
He was in the shed and run combo where he lives with 4 other rabbits when I did my final check around midnight on Monday, sometime between then and the following afternoon someone has climbed over the fence into my garden, unbolted both the outer and inner shed doors, taken Jasper and then bolted the doors back up again.

There's no other way he could have gotten out and he wasn't a rabbit that would come out of his home even if he had that option. I have now fitted padlocks to all doors and run lids but sadly that's too little, too late for Jasper.

I will add a picture of him and would like to ask anyone who regularly uses the free ad sites to please keep an eye out for him.

Jasper is the white lop

IMAG0128-1_zpse4adbdf5.jpg

IMAG0107-1_zps74181260.jpg

How terrible :( I really hope you get him back soon. Have you notified all the vets in your area? Just in case he is released and then found.x

Yeah, I've phoned around vets and even a local P@H that I know has an adoption centre. I've put up a few posters locally and leaflets through neighbours doors, but I don't hold out much hope.

Kerry I am sorry to hear about this. I can't imagine how I'd feel if this happened here.

I've shared on Facebook on my own wall and the rescue wall and will keep my eyes and ears open.

:-(

He's home!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

The posters worked. A lovely lady and her husband found him sitting in the middle of the road yesterday morning, they had to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting him. They took him home and bought some food for him, sounds like he was spoiled as she said he had carrot and other veg. I am so, so grateful to them.

I don't know what happened. I found some footprints in the dirt by the front fence that aren't ours so I'm sure someone has been in the garden. Jasper doesn't like being held really so maybe someone took him and he struggled etc or maybe he just escaped when I was feeding them but I honestly can't see how that could have happened. He's not a jumper unlike some of the others in his group, and I'm certain he was sitting at the food bowl as I shut the door (but you always end up questioning yourself, don't you).

I don't really care, he's home safely! I now have padlocks fitted to all parts of the runs, hutch and shed that open.

oh wow! Im so glad...just saw this and he has been found already...what a relief!:love: Thank goodness for the elderly couple!

That's fantastic!!! What a lucky bun, losing mine has always been a worst nightmare for me (literally, I have actually dreamt it... More than once)

I am so so so glad this has a happy ending :love:

OMG that's amazing!!!! So happy for you!!!! He's a really lucky bun that he's home safely.... Congrats!!! :wave:

Back