• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frustrated with Photobox

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Remember the photobook I made for Mischa?

Well the first one arrived, all the pages were nice, in the right order, good quality, etc. Except for some faint red lines across the pages, quite noticeable on any white backgrounded photos. Got on to them and they sent another.

The second one arrived today. No red lines. :thumb: Pages in the wrong order. :evil: One of the pages which should be the first page after the front cover is the last page before the back cover. :evil:

So I have to wait ANOTHER week before it's going to get to me. At least this time they said they'd get a supervisor to double check it with what is on the screen.

This is the third in a line of stuff I've ordered which has gone wrong. I ordered some double pointed needles from somewhere else and they sent knitting needle points. I ordered a interchangeable knitting needle case from Amazon and they sent a straight needle case.

*gives up*

That sucks. I had a whole bunch of someone elses photos arrive once from them. I ordered £20 worth of prints and I was so excited when they came, and they were all someone elses! They re-printed them super fast, sent them, and refunded my £20 :thumb:

I've had 4 photobooks printed, and thankfully, everything was fine with them. Hope your third book is the right one. Maybe you could give the other two to family members who knew Mischa?

I've been ordering with them for quite a few years and never had a problem. Trust this to be the thing they screw up on!!

They want me to send the one that arrived today back to them because they said it's an unusual error. The original one with faint red lines my dad wants. If it hadn't been Mischa and it hadn't been so important to me I may have just ignored the lines, they aren't noticeable other than in certain photos but it's Mischa and I want it right for him.

I got the square spiral bound and made all the pages myself with Photoshop Elements. I'll take a pic for you but it's all customised so not what Photobox themselves offer. The quality is pretty good, just not when they make mistakes!

Third time round and THEY'VE GOT IT RIGHT!

Thank goodness for that. They can have the wrong one back now.

That is just rubbish. Am surprised though as I too have been ordering from them for years now and (touch wood) never had any issues. I've had several albums and canvasses done too and even my wedding albums.

Back