• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

piccies of buns eating my home grown weeds!

elis-mum

Mama Doe
i bought a bag of rabbit seed and spent the last 8 weeks grown it for the buns.
i gave them a box of it last night and it was gone in less than 15 minutes! :roll:

buns008.jpg

buns010.jpg

buns011.jpg

Where did you get the rabbit seed from? What a good idea.

a place on the internet called shelled warriors. its something like 23 different types of bunny safe plants\weeds.
apart from the obvious ones i'm a bit wary of picking things myself. i manage dandelions, blackberry and rose leaves but this is great. i got a small bag last year and a big one this year. but this year i mananged to take the box away before they got to the roots so hopefully they will just re grow.
they love them. :D

The bunny seeds seem like a really good idea. I iwll look them up. Can I ask a (really novice!) question. ... How did you grow the seeds in the plastic container, does it have holes in the bottom for drainage, and did you sow the seeds in soil, tissue or something else. Any advice would be greatfully received!

Kate

i just got a cheap under bed storage box, drilled a few drainage holes and filled with potting compost, scattered the seed in covered with more soil and left it.. weeds seem to be one of the few the things i can grow well!

i thought if i kept the lid and cover it when the ground frosts come they might keep growing in the colder weather too.

Thanks for that. I'd like to try it out. Though like you haven't had much success previously! Even my mint seedlings died!
Can I also ask which seeds you bought from the website, I know it is for tortoises, and wouldn't want to buy any that might upset my buns tums!

Thanks for that. I'd like to try it out. Though like you haven't had much success previously! Even my mint seedlings died!
Can I also ask which seeds you bought from the website, I know it is for tortoises, and wouldn't want to buy any that might upset my buns tums!

sorry for the late reply but if you search rabbit seed on the shop site they are listed as that. :thumb:

Last edited:
Back