• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Veraflox ( Pradofloxacin ) Anyone used it (on rabbit)??

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Well Convenia failed miserably . . . (no effect at all on parsley's abscess and also upset his tum a little bit - very unusually for Parsley who has sailed through all the other abx he has tried)

so vet has now suggested this veraflox if the new culture comes back as might be sensitive to it . . . she has another bun on it at present (who was a 'try it or die' case) but has stressed to us that it really is new and as far as she knows has not been used on any other rabbits.

Anyone???

Twinkle is on veraflox at the moment with her myxi... she was on it previously a month or so ago. Takes it well and has no issues with her.

Yes I've used this on my Dutch, she had an adverse gut reaction, she stopped eating for a day and started to produce very tiny droppings. It may or may not have been caused by the Veraflox, but my advice would be to keep a close eye on your bun's eating/pooping habits. I also had to sign a disclaimer before my bun started the Veraflox as it isn't licensed for use in rabbits.

Last edited:
Yes I've used this on my Dutch, she had an adverse gut reaction, she stopped eating for a day and started to produce very tiny droppings. It may or may not have been caused by the Veraflox, but my advice would be to keep a close eye on your bun's eating/pooping habits. I also had to sign a disclaimer before my bun started the Veraflox as it isn't licensed for use in rabbits.

Can you PM me with which vet you are under so my vet can chat to them before we start?

Am used to keeping very close eye on Parsley's poos - he has had more types of abx than any other rabbit I know!!! Almost all were not licensed for rabbits . . . Convenia, Rifampicin, Metronidazol, Enroflocaxin, Baytril, Septrin, Depocillin . . . you name it he's tried it . .

and dont lets even start on the Ketamin habit:shock::shock:

Just wish I had thought of hiring him out to a drug company years ago (JOKE:lol::lol:)

Back