• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio bonding this weekend eeek!

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
So this weekend coming I'm going to attempt bonding my 3 bunnies - Winter (m), Summer (f) and Zara (f).

This is my first trio bonding. Just a few questions...
1. Things I need - pws run, garden gloves, water spray bottle, hay, treats, vinegar to clean bunny house etc. anything else?
2. I was gonna start Friday evening after work...is this a good idea? Gonna happen in kitchen and I can sleep in lounge to keep an eye on them...
3. How do I introduce them? Do I put the single in first then add the couple or the other way round?
4. Run size - I've always used 4 pws run panels to make a square for doubles..is this ok or should it be a bit bigger?

I'm a bit nervous - the couple had a humping frenzy earlier this week when Zara sat next to their run (was an accident) I guess I'm worried it could escalate into something mad but guess I can only try...thankfully girls are more timid than Winter.

Thanks guys

Sounds like you have everything sorted to me, I also had a broom handy to seperate any scuffles, easier than putting hands in (even when gloved).

Good luck. I tried the same a few weeks ago and failed after less than a minute because I got so scared :oops:, I was very frustrated because I had spent HOURS neutralising.

Mine went away to be bonded in the end and then came home all best friends until a few days later it all fell apart, apparently two girs and a boy is the trickiest bond. So my only suggestion would be do everyting VERY slowly, even if all seems to be going well don't move onto the next stage too quickly.

Saying this I am no expert (obviously as mine didn't work :lol:). Oh, and when I put mine in I put the single in very quickly followed by the pair. I'm not sure why or if there is a 'correct' way to do it!!

it was over 2 years ago but i bonded a m, f, f trio.
i had them in a pen in the lounge but i'd had both girls seperatley with the male without problems previously, it was the 2 girls that were fighting in lumps. :roll:

i'd had one failed attempt and was so fed up i decided 2 months later to try again. the second time it went really well but i think it could have been just extra time they had after the neuter. i have one very dominant female but luckily the other female and my male are very chilled and let her get on with it.

it was very hard work and i must admit i recently wanted to add my foster male to the group and i sent them away to be done. :oops:

it sounds like you are organised and have a plan though so good luck, keep us updated.

Thanks guys. I guess my biggest concern is the start and if it does go well then I have to go to work on Monday...eeek! I guess one day at a time really...

Keep your paws and fingers crossed..

Back