• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsley Interviews No 6. . . . Parsley Interviews Bobo.

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Parsley Interviews Series: No. 6

Parsley Interviews . . . Bobo (the French Lop - now Maurice)

This latest in the series of Parsley interviews was discovered by Mama a week after Bobo left for pastures new . . . it breaks the usual mould of Parsley interviews as it appears to have not originally been intended for publication but as Parsley’s own record of the interview. There also appears to have been a rather different reason for the meeting than in Parsley’s other interviews . . .

The following is a typed version of the notes found by the mama discarded in Parsley’s litter tray . . .

Preparation notes to self (Parsley):

Don’t forget mention girlie buns . . . avoid getting too close in case get sat on . . . . take peg for nose . . . . Peaches says mention birds and bees (why????) . . . let slip about new home gently . . .

Notes of Interview . . .

I approached subject with caution due to large size and in case plum fairy had not also removed distinct whiff of coffee beans . . . . Peaches stayed hidden behind me . .

(Me) ‘Errrrrrr hello old fellow me chap . . . . thought maybe we could have a little bit of a chat . . don’t you know . . what with you leaving soon . . . ‘

Bobo (apparently soon to be renamed ‘Maurice ‘): HELLO!!!!

(Me) backing away slightly in case of [more] ear damage . . . ‘What with us being neighbours for the last few months Peaches and I thought we might just pop round and se how you were after the visit to the Plum fairy . . .

Bobo: VERY WELL THANK YOU . . THOUGH THE FAIRY DIDNT SEEM TO LEAVE ME ANY PLUMS??

(Me) Errmmm . . no, no she doesnt, I mean thats not really how it works you see . . . in fact more the other way . . . I mean to say, have you noticed anything missing so to speak since she came?

Bobo: WELL LET ME THINK . . . I RAN OUT OF PELLETS THIS MORNING DOES THAT COUNT?

(Me) (Looking round at Peaches in desperation but getting no help) . . . No . . not really . .. . but I guess as you havn’t missed anything then perhaps we will just forget that. Now, one or two of the buns (tries to glare at Peaches who is hiding behind her own ears from where giggling sounds are emmanating) have asked if i could explain to you all about wifey buns in preparation for your new home . . . errr - you do know about your new home don’t you?

Bobo: OH YES!!!! I AM GOING TO BECOME A REAL HOUSEBUNNY WITH A REAL HOME ALL OF MY OWN TO RUN AROUND IN AND MY OWN MAMA AND EVERYTHING . . .

(Me) Yes thats right . . but not quite on your own. In fact as well as a mama there will be a (hushes voice) girlie bun . .

Bobo: A GIRLIE BUN???? WHAT LIKE PEACHES????

(Me) well no not really . . I understand Peaches is actually rather unique (hastily checks Peaches has not gone into a huff). . . but certainly a girlie bun - in fact not to put too fine a point on it . . a wifey bun . .

Bobo: BUT PARSLEY WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GIRLIE BUN AND A WIFEYBUN?

(Me) (turning pink) well you know . . it has to do with things like errmmmm . . sharing your food bowl. . and maybe a bit of errmmmmm laying close to each other . . and perhaps licking and (turns very very very pink) sometimes they . . well they . . . well you have to let them . . . errmmmmm ... . well they sort of pretend to sit on top of you sort of thing . . . . . and chase you a bit and . . .

Bobo: BUT HOW COULD ANYONE SIT ON ME I AM SO BIG?

(Me) Actually you do have a point there . . . . maybe I should just hop back and ask the mama what she says . . . . (starts to hop off with obvious relief . . ) Oh and I almost forgot . . Peaches says that you must learn from the birds and the bees . . .

Bobo: (looking confused) WHY? DO I HAVE TO LEARN TO FLY TO MY NEW HOME LIKE THE BIRDS? I THOUGHT THE PAPA WAS TAKING ME IN THE CAR??

(Me) . . . well maybe you could just watch the tortoises for a while instead . . .

End of Interview Notes . . .

Note to Self: On the whole not too bad . . though perhaps could have been more specific about the wifeybun bit . . .
. . oh well . . he’ll find out soon enough . . . . must remember the cotton wool in my ears next time I visit one of the giants . . .

[Mama footnote: our tortoises are infamous for continuous humping . . . ]

Last edited:
I can sooooo imagine Bobo (now Maurice) having that conversation:)

He does seem a little confused about the role of a husbun and a wifeybun - and does eventually get fed-up with Marnie's amorous advances when he is just trying to rest awhile after the exhausting task of nomming hay, pellets and forage.

I think he wishes the promise of a huge home to free-range in would come to fruition a bit smartish - being penned is definitely beneath him.

Maurice does quite like being groomed though - he thinks this is a great part of being a husbun. It is good to have another bun to talk 'bunny' with as well - hoomans just don't get the language properly - they are so stupid!

Awwww :love:

Please thank Parsley for (sort of) telling Maurice about wifey buns.....otherwise Marnies 'sitting on top' may have been more startling :oops: :lol:

I can't wait for them to be home again :D

Brilliant. I've been offline and nearly missed this. :shock: Thanks for bump.

I wonder of Parsley might interview a tortoise...

Brilliant. I've been offline and nearly missed this. :shock: Thanks for bump.

I wonder of Parsley might interview a tortoise...

He had enough trouble with the language barrier trying to interview our wildies :lol::lol::lol: Not sure he speaks tortoise!

Back