• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I couldnt believe my ears..........

cuteboyz

Warren Scout
There is a small independant petshop in our town. Having had a run in with the owners and reporting them to the RSPCA awhile ago about how they were keeping their animals I no longer go in there. Today I noticed a big sign on their window saying they are under new ownership so as I was running short on hay I thought I'd go in and suss it out. They only had small bags or what I would call rubbish hay, the type you would use to fill your litter trays, no nice hay that you would buy for your bunnies to eat so I didnt get any but I continued browsing the shop checking how the animals were being kept.
A woman came in and after looking around she picked up one of these bags of hay and took it to the till, she said to the woman, 'do you have any bigger bags of hay only my rabbit keeps eating it so this wont last her very long', to which the reply came back, 'No sorry thats the only size we do, but rabbits do tend to eat the hay so you will keep running out of it, why dont you change over to straw that will last you longer because rabbits dont like eating straw ' :shock: :shock: And yes the customer did put back the bag of hay and bought a bag of straw instead :shock:

I can't repeat on here what I said to these two women I was so angry :evil::evil:

Oh dear :?

I came across a good petshop for advice round here. The hay/straw was on a 3 for 2. I had two bags of straw and one hay (I wanted to try the hay to see how they got on with it), and they told me to get 2 bags of hay instead of straw as straw should only really be for extra bedding in the winter etc and they'd need the hay for food. I nearly fell backwards as I was so not used to getting accurate advice from a pet shop!

Oh dear :?

I came across a good petshop for advice round here. The hay/straw was on a 3 for 2. I had two bags of straw and one hay (I wanted to try the hay to see how they got on with it), and they told me to get 2 bags of hay instead of straw as straw should only really be for extra bedding in the winter etc and they'd need the hay for food. I nearly fell backwards as I was so not used to getting accurate advice from a pet shop!

That's really good :D I agree that kind of advice is rare

Back