• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They are getting so big!!!

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
I weighed my girls last night and Bandana is up to 2 pounds! Polka is now 1.5 pounds! They've both gained about half a pound since I got them! They are spoiled rotten and the breeder I got them from says I'm probably over feeding them, but I can't help it... They beg! Lol.

are they rexes, i wouldn;t say they are being fed to much is 2lbs roughly 0.9kg? sounds ok if it is :wave:

It may not be right but it is not uncommon for breeders and pet stores to sell baby bunnies at 6 weeks old in the US. My first rabbit as an adult was bought for me for my birthday by my hubby from a pet store. He was only 6 weeks old. He was a Netherlands dwarf and so teeny. It was sad as he nestled in my hair and sucked on my neck....poor little baby but he grew up really healthy and lived to 11 years old. I made sure my other 2 were at least 8 weeks old.

It may not be right but it is not uncommon for breeders and pet stores to sell baby bunnies at 6 weeks old in the US. My first rabbit as an adult was bought for me for my birthday by my hubby from a pet store. He was only 6 weeks old. He was a Netherlands dwarf and so teeny. It was sad as he nestled in my hair and sucked on my neck....poor little baby but he grew up really healthy and lived to 11 years old. I made sure my other 2 were at least 8 weeks old.

These girls were very very healthy when I got them. They were eating wonderfully and everything. Bandana would suck on me a bit, but she's stopped that. (Thankfully, she usually bit as she sucked... It hurt.) It's part my fault I got them at 6 weeks instead of later. I couldn't meet later, but I could on the 23rd, so that's when I had to get them, or I might not have gotten them at all.

Back