• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sweet caramel

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
005-19.jpg

Beautiful girl .... :love:

got a bit of work to do with her diet as she was eating guinea pig mix before coming here :?

What a sweetheart :love::love::love:

I know gp's shouldn't eat rabbit foood, what happens when bunnies eat gp food ? :oops:

It is similar to rabbnit mix but has added vitamins.

I dont like any muesli mixes ..even rabbit ones as they have too much sugar and not enough fibre .. the piggie mix she was on had lots of flat peas .. lots of sugar . :?

as a result she eats very little hay and has squidgy poos

BUT already she has switched to SS and im now cutting back to try and get her eating more hay ... :p

It is similar to rabbnit mix but has added vitamins.

I dont like any muesli mixes ..even rabbit ones as they have too much sugar and not enough fibre .. the piggie mix she was on had lots of flat peas .. lots of sugar . :?

as a result she eats very little hay and has squidgy poos

BUT already she has switched to SS and im now cutting back to try and get her eating more hay ... :p

Oh dear, so in a way she would be addicted to the sugar. I had my chinchillas on a muesli mix for chinchillas for years. Took them along time to adjust to plain SS ones. They were not happy. I thought I was doing the right thing by buying the standard food mix. Unfortuantely they are in all the pet shops.

Mind you, if you buy a packet of something clearly marked guinea pig food, why would you give it to a rabbit. :?

Hope the change goes well.

Back