• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO- people who use blankets in the hutch

I have just had the engineer out to unblock the filter of the washing machine :roll: I have a machine that doesn't have a filter that is accessible, so an engineer has to be called :roll:

He said the filter had hay in it, it wasn't too much but had created a blockage.

So my question is how do you wash blankets you use for the rabbits without blocking the machine?

I have been shaking them out and using a net bag, but I think the holes are probably too big and the hay can get through.

Any advice gratefully received :D

Last edited:
I don't, I just buy them fleece blankets from 99p store and bin them once they start chewing them - my washer cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money to block with hay, was bad enough when i blocked it with a colour catcher (oh the shame :oops: )

Get some cotton bed sheets and fold them and put them into the cage, instead of the blankets.then when you wash them shake them out and the hay will fall off more easily then put them into the washer.that is what i do before i wash them.

Back