• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns and fireworks!

Sorry about your friend's guinea pig. I have kept rabbits for the last 14 years and mine have never shown any fright over fireworks. I have watched them from the window and they just sit there with no thumping or anything. Mind you, the fireworks have never been in the garden nor would they ever be, but a few years ago there were some extra loud bangs which scared me! If a cat comes in then they get frightened and thump but never fireworks for some unknown reason.

What a shame :(

We live right next to a pub so mine are accustomed to loud noises, I was worried about the fireworks last year but they were fine.

I don't think mine have experience fireworks before, as it gets closer the more I'm worrying about how they'll cope. Doesn't really help that I'm terrified of them too... :oops:

My buns have never been bothered by them. I've had cats that were terrified by them though. :cry: I'll guess they'll be starting any day now :evil:

Mine don't mind them I think it's because they are used to the surround sound from the television.

Although there is a film I want to watch but can't as Fluffy starts to go into apanic the second it starts, it's strange because explosions aren't an issue but this film is :lol:

Going to have to watch it on my phone in my bedroom

Mine don't mind them I think it's because they are used to the surround sound from the television.

Although there is a film I want to watch but can't as Fluffy starts to go into apanic the second it starts, it's strange because explosions aren't an issue but this film is :lol:

Going to have to watch it on my phone in my bedroom

Aww! Bless her! :love:

I was so worried about this last year as we hadnt had poppy and daisy very long at all...I put their hutch cover down at about 6pm as it started to get dark and also shut them into their hutch instead of letting them have access to their run incase of stray bits of fireworks etc...but they were fine..I went out and checked on them constantly and they were more miffed at being shut in their hutch I think :roll:

I got ours in early, just in case, left the light on in the shed until later than normal (about 11pm - usually it's off about 9pm) to hopefully hide any bright flashes and checked on them. They seemed okay.

Some moron let a firework off by us not so long ago and they never batted an eyelid, so hopefully they will be okay this year. If they appear to panic I'll bring them indoors for a few hours - double glazing you see! Didn't have to do that last year though so fingers crossed.

Ours are never very bothered about it, although we just recently moved right next to a park that has a display every year, so I am worried now.

Back