• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vaccination Dates Question

Dave81

Mama Doe
Glad I pulled out Scooter & Jigsaws vaccination cards as I wrongly thought they had both when I got them from the rescue earlier this year, I was looking at the wrong thing on the card :roll::roll:

As they are indoor I have always rightly or wrongly done the single vaccinations on an annual basis, anyway the Myxo was 04/11/11 and VHD was 24/02/12 are they both fine to have the combined if I was to book them in for the next couple of weeks?

Thanks

Glad I pulled out Scooter & Jigsaws vaccination cards as I wrongly thought they had both when I got them from the rescue earlier this year, I was looking at the wrong thing on the card :roll::roll:

As they are indoor I have always rightly or wrongly done the single vaccinations on an annual basis, anyway the Myxo was 04/11/11 and VHD was 24/02/12 are they both fine to have the combined if I was to book them in for the next couple of weeks?

Thanks

Yes as long as they are both healthy. I would get it done ASAP, Myxi is rife atm :cry:

Thanks

Yes - and if I were you I would do it ASAP - as in NOW.

It takes 3 weeks for the vaccine to actually give immunity and this is one of the worst years for myxi.

Thats why I thought I would check the cards as I was reading lots about Myxi been about right now and I couldn't recall when they had been done, I thought I had until Feb next year! Duh stupid human :roll::lol:

Got them booked in for a week on Thursday

Edit - They should be fine until that date as I rarely have the windows open etc. I know thats not a guarantee obviously

Thats why I thought I would check the cards as I was reading lots about Myxi been about right now and I couldn't recall when they had been done, I thought I had until Feb next year! Duh stupid human :roll::lol:

Got them booked in for a week on Thursday

Edit - They should be fine until that date as I rarely have the windows open etc. I know thats not a guarantee obviously

A week on Thursday means that they will not have actual immunity for over a month from now - I know appts can be hard to get but are there no others??

We have mozzies in the house at present despite closed windows.

I dont want to ound harsh but myxi is a truly dreadful disease . . believe me I have seen my own buns suffer.

That's the nearest unfortunately, I know what your saying and its not harsh. I will be extra vigilant with them and keep a very close eye on them over the coming weeks.

Its a Nice and so good sit for learning about vets.now i also enjoy with this sit . but here are the information for dog and Cats in few quantity .yet Rabbit are also in my form house and I want to safe maximum data for rabbit health.....

Dog treats

Last edited:
My buns had the single vaccs in May and vet has recommended re-vaccinating NOW with the new one to minimise risk of myxo, so I would say yes.

Back