• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FOURTH bun with myxi :( UD positive updates

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
This time it was a bun who had the dual injection (my other three had had the single).

He's escaped quite lightly lump-wise but has a slight respiratory infection so is on septrin. :(

Any vibes would be appreciated....

Last edited:
I am SO sorry -

how long is this after the first one started showing signs?

and how long since having the dual vaccine?

does he have nodules as well?

Hi, will post bun's name shortly.....

Merlin is 100% recovered, thank you Jill. Mulberry still looks poorly but her breathing is improving now she's on septrin and she's getting better/livelier so think she will be fine - just wanting her to be fully recovered ready for her dual vacc in November.... She's eating and scratching me as violently as usual when I give her her medication so all seems to be well.... :roll:

I am SO sorry -

how long is this after the first one started showing signs?

and how long since having the dual vaccine?

does he have nodules as well?

Thank you.... :wave:

About three weeks I think.... I think his dual vacc was about three months ago. He has a small lump on his mouth, slightly swollen underneath but not very lumpy otherwise. Still very lively/eating extremely well.

Last edited:
How awful, I hope they all recover very soon.

It is very worrying and frightening how many vaccinated bunnies are becoming ill :(

Its scary that that is with the new vaccine, i think we all hoped that would stop the nodular :(

Sending love to all your bunnies :love:

Thank you. It's poor little BARC bunny Pascal and he's had to be confined to his hutch as he's like a wildie to catch. :? On the positive side he's eating well, taking his meds, and has now got through the first day of his confinement. Am hoping to release him after he's had his meds on the morning of Day Nine, but will of course play that by ear.

Here's a pic of the little boy for those who don't know him :wave:

Picture056-1.jpg

Oh no, what an awful shock :( didn't someone say that there had been a cluster of buns in north east Essex who have come down with myxi after the dual vaccine - it's probably worth reporting this one if your vet hasn't already, as it sounds as if its possible there is a duff batch or a particularly virulent strain floating about your way somewhere. Either is worrying! I do hope that Pascal recovers well and the others too x x

Oh no, what an awful shock :( didn't someone say that there had been a cluster of buns in north east Essex who have come down with myxi after the dual vaccine - it's probably worth reporting this one if your vet hasn't already, as it sounds as if its possible there is a duff batch or a particularly virulent strain floating about your way somewhere. Either is worrying! I do hope that Pascal recovers well and the others too x x

Thank you - that's worrying. Will make sure it gets reported. My other three had had the single vacc though. This one was dual but he doesn't seem too badly affected, touch wood. It's just a shame because he hates being in a hutch.... 8 days to go after today, we think at present... xx

Sending vibes, hope they all recover soon :(

I'm gonna check with my vet tomorrow if my buns can have boosters or not, they had the old single vaccs in erm May I think. Nibbles is indoors but Buttons is outside. I'm still quite nervous though as so many vacc'd buns are becomign ill :shock:

Sending vibes, hope they all recover soon :(

I'm gonna check with my vet tomorrow if my buns can have boosters or not, they had the old single vaccs in erm May I think. Nibbles is indoors but Buttons is outside. I'm still quite nervous though as so many vacc'd buns are becomign ill :shock:

I would definitely get the new vacc done asap, as it takes three weeks to be fully effective so they definitely need it now. It's meant to be more effective than the old 6 month one too :wave:

Thank you for all the vibes everyone :wave:

I would definitely get the new vacc done asap, as it takes three weeks to be fully effective so they definitely need it now. It's meant to be more effective than the old 6 month one too :wave:

Thank you for all the vibes everyone :wave:

Yeah, will bring it up with them tomorrow. Definitely want to minimise the risk as much as possible! Doesn't help that practically no buns around here are vaccinated. My aunt has 3 buns and I told her she needs to vaccinate them against myxi but she said "oh the vet told me because they're inside they;ll be fine without it" :shock:

Back