08-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Just found Twinkle this morning with swollen eyes and genitals :(:(:(:(:(:(

Phoning vets as soon as they are open :(:(:(:(:(

ripminnie
08-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Oh god I'm so sorry :( sending mega vibes for her xxx

Bunny Buddy
08-10-2012, 07:51 AM
So sorry :cry::cry::cry: Sending vibes that she can overcome it.

fluffiebunnie
08-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Appointment 10am.

bunnymadhouse
08-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Hope its a false alarm .:(

weedug
08-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Sending masses of vibes for her xx

susie bun
08-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Sending loads of vibes. xxx

parsnipbun
08-10-2012, 08:15 AM
oh no - when was she last vaccd?

if it was recent then perhaps she can get over it?

fluffiebunnie
08-10-2012, 08:17 AM
oh no - when was she last vaccd?

if it was recent then perhaps she can get over it?

I know its really bad, but I cant remember :cry: \cant remember if she had the combi vacc either. I will have to check when I get to the vets. \she is currently being treated for EC and has stomach problems. Dont know how much she will be able to take.

Jack's-Jane
08-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Oh :censored: :cry:

Millions of vibes being sent for her xx

sally1974
08-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Keeping everything crossed for her and sending millions of vibes x

sparklefairy
08-10-2012, 09:57 AM
:cry: thinking of you both and sending vibes xx

Captain Helen
08-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Oh no :cry: Hope she can fight it. Sending lots of vibes for Twinkle xx

mini lop1
08-10-2012, 10:10 AM
:cry: hope she will be ok x

Jaysmonkey
08-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Oh gosh, sending lots of vibes xx

fluffiebunnie
08-10-2012, 10:36 AM
:cry: Well it has been confirmed as myxi. she had her combination jab in July. Her mouth is all swollen and her eyes and genitals. She looks awful :cry:

She has had her metacam doubled, has antibiotics veraflox and also antibiotic injections.

Will have to see what to do on a daily basis. :cry:

parsnipbun
08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
:cry: Well it has been confirmed as myxi. she had her combination jab in July. Her mouth is all swollen and her eyes and genitals. She looks awful :cry:

She has had her metacam doubled, has antibiotics veraflox and also antibiotic injections.

Will have to see what to do on a daily basis. :cry:

I am so sorry to hear this - was she immuno-supressed in July at all? so that the vaccine did not work properly?

fluffiebunnie
08-10-2012, 10:39 AM
I am so sorry to hear this - was she immuno-supressed in July at all? so that the vaccine did not work properly?

I dont know. She has always been a sickly bunny x

fluffiebunnie
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I cant believe how quick it has come on. She was fine last night :cry:

Vanessa.B
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh no, oh no. I am so sorry.

Thinking of you, and sending masses of vibes for Twinkle xxx

parsnipbun
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I cant believe how quick it has come on. She was fine last night :cry:

so sorry . .

Our Hawthorn was up to date with all his jabs, and had always had the 6 monthly ones, and caught it and alas seemed to have no immunity at all.

He just did not have any immune response to the vaccine for some reason . . he always seemed so healthy as well.

fluffiebunnie
08-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I will see how she goes. Mark said he would give her a chance so I went with treatment. If she gets bad then I will have to do the right thing by her :cry:

Jack's-Jane
08-10-2012, 10:53 AM
I will see how she goes. Mark said he would give her a chance so I went with treatment. If she gets bad then I will have to do the right thing by her :cry:

I am really sorry :cry:

I suspect that her other health problems meant that she did not have an adequate immune response to the vaccine :cry:

I do hope she can pull through xx

Boudicca
08-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Oh NO!!! Poor little thing as if she didn't have enough to contend with! Sending huge VIBES!!

louise and Gus
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Oh how awful :( so sorry to hear this :( Stay strong darling little Twinkle x

SarahP
08-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Twinkle hasn't had a lot of luck lately. :( Everything is crossed here. x

Bluesmum
08-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I really hope she can pull through. Loads of vibes from down here.x

Elena
08-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm so sorry, poor Twinkle :cry:

prettylupin
08-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I am so sorry :cry: Is there anything you need or that might help that I can send you? Any specific forage that she likes to eat? x

fluffiebunnie
08-10-2012, 01:19 PM
I am so sorry :cry: Is there anything you need or that might help that I can send you? Any specific forage that she likes to eat? x

She likes everything. Everything she is not allowed under normal circumstances. I did hand feed her some mushed up banana and she had a few bites of that an hour or so ago, but to be honest, the Twinkle I knew seems to have already gone from me. I dont know if I can put her through any suffering.

*lily*
08-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Poor Twinkle, so many, many cases of Myxo just recently :(

Sending loads of good wishes for a full and speedy recovery xxx

Bunny Buddy
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
She likes everything. Everything she is not allowed under normal circumstances. I did hand feed her some mushed up banana and she had a few bites of that an hour or so ago, but to be honest, the Twinkle I knew seems to have already gone from me. I dont know if I can put her through any suffering.

So sorry, it must be hell having to decide what's best for her. :cry::cry:

Debster
08-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh Fluffiebunnie I am so sorry to hear this :( poor Twinkle, life can be so unfair. Sending huge vibes for her and thinking of you both xx

helgalush
08-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Oh no :( I am so sorry to read this. Sending lots and lots of vibes for Twinkle, really hope she can get through this, poor little one.

Piggiesgalore
08-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I am so sorry, come of little Twinkle, vibes by the bucketload heading your way x

ShazzaBunny
08-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Awful :( thinking of you and Twinkle.

Tinsel
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Really sorry she's deteriorated so quickly :cry:

Sending millions of vibes...

Jaysmonkey
08-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm so sorry xxx

Lauralou
08-10-2012, 04:09 PM
:cry: poor Twinkle. Thinking of you all x

one of the family
08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Poor Twinkle and poor you.

I hope she makes some improvement soon

Thinking of you

mini lop1
08-10-2012, 05:58 PM
many vibes for twinkle to get better :cry: x

bunny mad lisa
08-10-2012, 07:31 PM
its so sad to see yet another case of this! It breaks my heart to see so many bunnies suffering with this when we try our best to protect them!

sending lots of healing vibes and hope she can pull through it x

Mackers
08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
All these poorly bunnies :cry: - sending mega (((vibes))) and a big hug.

fluffiebunnie
09-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Just done all Twinkle's medicine.

She doesnt seem interested in food. Wont eat hay or her muesli. Have managed to get a tiny bit of grated carrot in her, but not enough.. She has pooped a bit overnight but they are irregular sticky little poops. She has also urinated.

Boudicca
09-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Poor little thing, come on little Twinkle, sending lots more vibes. Hopefully the meds will be able to perk her up a bit!

Tinsel
09-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Just done all Twinkle's medicine.

She doesnt seem interested in food. Wont eat hay or her muesli. Have managed to get a tiny bit of grated carrot in her, but not enough.. She has pooped a bit overnight but they are irregular sticky little poops. She has also urinated.

Have you tried fresh herbs? Often they don't eat because their sense of smell is affected, so something with quite a strong smell may appeal. Blackberry leaves are also good.... Sending more vibes... :wave:

Amy & Amber
09-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Come on twinkle, eats some foods!

Vibes x

Lady Logamorph
09-10-2012, 09:14 AM
hope Twinkle manages to pull through sending lots of vibes for her....is there any dandilions around you can collect for her to try and tempt her to eat...i know forage is getting a bit sparse now though.

fluffiebunnie
09-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I will try to find some dandelion or get some herbs. I have just tried her with mashed banana and soaked SS pellets and she refused those. Just sits and does nothing all the time. Doesnt move about.

Lady Logamorph
09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Poor Twinkle she must be feeling really poorly....really hope she perks up soon :(

susie bun
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
:( Sending loads more vibes for Twinkle. xxx

fluffiebunnie
09-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Work have told me I have to go in :evil::evil::evil::evil:

I am so angry. I cant look after Twinkle :cry: I have just managed to syringe her some pellets/water and she has had a little bit of veg, but I now have to leave her until after five :cry:

I am workjing my notice and have nothing to do all day at work anyway.. it would not of made a difference if I was at work or not, but they obviously think "its just a rabbit" :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Lots of vibes needed for Twinkle whilst I am away would be appreciated x

Elena
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
:( wish I could help out. I know it's cost but if necessary I'm sure trinity would look after her for a bit. They looked after mini and mischa when I was on holiday once and didn't feel comfortable leaving my friend doing his meds.

Jack's-Jane
09-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Could you get her admitted to the Vets for the day so they can syringe feed and medicate her ?

susie bun
09-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Sending lots more vibes for Twinkle. xxx

Rupert & Tia
09-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Work have told me I have to go in :evil::evil::evil::evil:

I am so angry. I cant look after Twinkle :cry: I have just managed to syringe her some pellets/water and she has had a little bit of veg, but I now have to leave her until after five :cry:

I am workjing my notice and have nothing to do all day at work anyway.. it would not of made a difference if I was at work or not, but they obviously think "its just a rabbit" :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Lots of vibes needed for Twinkle whilst I am away would be appreciated x

If you're working your notice and leaving anyway, I wouldn't bother going in :(

Hope she gets better soon x

fluffiebunnie
09-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I am going to speak to Trinity in a bit. At work now. I will ask if Mark can have her/discuss way forward.

Debster
09-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Sending lots more vibes for Twinkle today, sorry you have to leave her, I think its a worry for many of us that if we had a poorly bun our employers just wouldn't understand :(

Lady Logamorph
09-10-2012, 12:52 PM
This is why I never ask time off for my bunnies....just lie and say you are ill. I have been in this position numerous times and have told one of my past boss to practically :censored: off and that I wasn't coming to work I was staying at home to look after my bunny. I lost my job over it. Anyway I was always honest before that but learnt that honestly is not always the best policy :lol:

I really hope Twinkle gets better sending lots more vibes for her.

fluffiebunnie
09-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Vets are happy for me to syringe feed at 8am, 12.30pm, 5pm and onwards into the night. I will also leave her lots of grated veg and mushed up pellets and hay and water when I have to leave her. I will do her injection and meds in the morning before work.

The rest will be down to Twinkle to fight this. If she worsens or I need advice then I am to call Trinity straight away.

olices
09-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I really hope she gets better soon.
Nothing worse than being at work and worrying about your bunnies. Employers seem to think 'it is just a rabbit' and don't understand how special they are. I do a lot of sleep over shifts and when I ring my hubby on a night, one of the first thing I ask is 'are the bunnies ok?' and that's when they are not even ill.
I hope it gets better for you.

Fellie
09-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I so hope she pulls through this - and I feel so for you as well, having to come into work.

Next job - just lie. There are good lies and there are bad lies - this is a good lie!

Come on Twinkle - you can come through this....

newbabybuns
09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Twinkle to pull through xxxx

SOAD
09-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Lots of vibes for Twinkle :love: :love: Xxxxxxx

Captain Helen
09-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Twinkle xx

mini lop1
09-10-2012, 06:04 PM
still thinking of you and twinkle xxx

fluffiebunnie
09-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, am feeling very sad tonight.

Tinsel
09-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, am feeling very sad tonight.

:cry: It does take a long time for some buns to overcome it, but many do....

Sending loads of vibes.....

ripminnie
09-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Sending millions more vibes for Twinkle xxx and a big hug for you x

Bea & Floss
09-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Poor Twinkle :( sending tons of vibes

susie bun
09-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Keeping up vibes, and thinking of you at this worrying time. xxx

Jack's-Jane
10-10-2012, 06:15 AM
How are you both doing this morning ?

fluffiebunnie
10-10-2012, 08:26 AM
How are you both doing this morning ?

Morning Jane,

Twinkle has had her injection, antibiotics and metacam. She has been syringe fed. I have had to come to work again but will go home lunchtime.

She has started making noises last night... not sure what it is... thinking maybe her nose is getting a bit snotty, but there doesnt appear to be signs of anything. She is also just sitting in her own urine. I dont know what to do - I dont want to stress her by washing her, but cant think it can be pleasant to leave her. She wont sit on hay as I expect her underside is sore (she is not eatin it anyway). As soon as she wees on a towel she just sits in it. She just sits all the time so sits in her poops and wee.

On a positive note, her poops are looking good and no sign of caecal problems (probably all the meds is helping her tummy at the mo).

I will try and get an appt with Mark tomorrow after work to see what he thinks. I havent ever dealt with this so dont know if she is doing ok or not.

She has swollen mouth and eyes and genitals, I cant see any scabs or anything.. I dont know what else to look out for.

She is going off of the grated veg and has stopped eating her museli by herself (maybe she is full from syringe feeding).

Jack's-Jane
10-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Morning Jane,

Twinkle has had her injection, antibiotics and metacam. She has been syringe fed. I have had to come to work again but will go home lunchtime.

She has started making noises last night... not sure what it is... thinking maybe her nose is getting a bit snotty, but there doesnt appear to be signs of anything. She is also just sitting in her own urine. I dont know what to do - I dont want to stress her by washing her, but cant think it can be pleasant to leave her. She wont sit on hay as I expect her underside is sore (she is not eatin it anyway). As soon as she wees on a towel she just sits in it. She just sits all the time so sits in her poops and wee.

On a positive note, her poops are looking good and no sign of caecal problems (probably all the meds is helping her tummy at the mo).

I will try and get an appt with Mark tomorrow after work to see what he thinks. I havent ever dealt with this so dont know if she is doing ok or not.

She has swollen mouth and eyes and genitals, I cant see any scabs or anything.. I dont know what else to look out for.

She is going off of the grated veg and has stopped eating her museli by herself (maybe she is full from syringe feeding).

Poor girl, it must be breaking your heart to see her like this :cry:

I dont have first hand experience of caring for a Rabbit with Myxi (and I never want the experience either). But as I understand it if you can get them to 14 days post onset of symptoms their chances of survival are a bit better. But there is of course always the risk of secondary bacterial infections and renal failure :cry:

I am 100% certain that Mark will give you good advice and if he thinks continuing treatment is reasonable I would do so. Twinkle has overcome so much and it is just awful that she now has Myxi to conquer too :cry:

susie bun
10-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Still thinking of Twinkle. xxx

Tinsel
10-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Sending more vibes....

fluffiebunnie
10-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Thank you everyone x

I have bought Twinkle some lovely soft vetbed so she can sit on it. Her genitals are looking sore so it might be more comfortable for her, plus it takes the urine away from her when she does sit and wee.

I also went hunting for bramble leaves and found a few, and she has eaten a few of them today as well as being syringe fed.

Mark will be seeing her tomorrow evening as I want to know what he thinks of her progress. I will take his advice as to what to do next.

Tinsel
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank you everyone x

I have bought Twinkle some lovely soft vetbed so she can sit on it. Her genitals are looking sore so it might be more comfortable for her, plus it takes the urine away from her when she does sit and wee.

I also went hunting for bramble leaves and found a few, and she has eaten a few of them today as well as being syringe fed.

Mark will be seeing her tomorrow evening as I want to know what he thinks of her progress. I will take his advice as to what to do next.

That's good about the feeding and vet bed - I believe aloe vera is soothing if you have any? Hopefully Mark will say she's holding steady. It does take time - Mulberry is still mega-lumpy after week 3. Pascal has it very mildly so was lucky - each bun is different, though, and at least yours is in really good hands....

susie bun
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
It sounds like you are doing everything possible for her. Good news that she ate the bramble leaves and is comfy on vet bed. xxx

fluffiebunnie
10-10-2012, 06:19 PM
That's good about the feeding and vet bed - I believe aloe vera is soothing if you have any? Hopefully Mark will say she's holding steady. It does take time - Mulberry is still mega-lumpy after week 3. Pascal has it very mildly so was lucky - each bun is different, though, and at least yours is in really good hands....

Thats the trouble - I cant guage how she is doing compared to other buns, as each one copes differently, each year the strain can be different/stronger/weaker etc...

Twinkle doesnt have any scabs or anything, but her mouth seems a bit swollen and her eyes are red and swollen. Do the scabs come later? I so wish I had paid more attention to all the myxi threads in the past :cry: I feel so helpless for Twinkle, and so uncaring when I havent made a comment on a previous myxi threads :cry:

parsnipbun
10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I dont really have much to offer other than sympathies - it is true that every single case is different. I have nursed three myxi buns (two successfully) and each had slightly different symptoms. It seems to depend where the swellings are as to how hard they find eating and moving around. Food and warmth are vital - as are extra fluids - and keeping their interest up. We always keep them with their partners if they have one (and none of the partners have ever become infected). Although towards the end Hawthorn was so ill that they had to be separated sadly.

We fed lots of forage food to try and interest them and grated things for sore mouths.

I really do feel for you - it is such a lonesome struggle, and a long one.

Gemmapookie
10-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Oh poor girl, and poor you, I really feel for you both having to go through this :cry:

Sending tons of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tinsel
10-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Thats the trouble - I cant guage how she is doing compared to other buns, as each one copes differently, each year the strain can be different/stronger/weaker etc...

Twinkle doesnt have any scabs or anything, but her mouth seems a bit swollen and her eyes are red and swollen. Do the scabs come later? I so wish I had paid more attention to all the myxi threads in the past :cry: I feel so helpless for Twinkle, and so uncaring when I havent made a comment on a previous myxi threads :cry:

The scabs do come later but it depends on whether she's got actual nodules (which will scab) or just inflammation. Could you perhaps post a picture or two if you have chance? I'm going to try to take some of my two at the weekend. Just for comparison (although every bun IS different, and your vet can advise you on how well Twinkle is coping), here are pictures of my two myxi buns a few years ago, Scamper and my bridge bun Captain Carrot :love: Scamper saw the vet but didn't need antibiotics; Carrot had antibiotics and metacam but was fine in terms of his eating and behaviour after about three days. Both had been vaccinated with the old vaccine.

Scamper

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk237/Tinsel_2008/Picture773-1.jpg

Captain Carrot

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk237/Tinsel_2008/Picture608-1.jpg

Both recovered fully from the myxi.

Hope this is helpful :wave:

fluffiebunnie
10-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Thank you. All responses are helpful! I am trying to upload some photos I have just taken of Twinkle.

fluffiebunnie
10-10-2012, 07:07 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/3721D1E6-65A3-47AA-9A7A-18ABBB130C00-17368-00000CD6C756DBE3.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/DB909C72-94CC-48FE-A0CC-1DBF72837C59-17368-00000CD6CEFAE214.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

Bunny Buddy
10-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Thank you everyone x

You're both still very much in my thoughts. I so hope she can get through this.

I have loads of bramble and raspberry leaves, please shout up if you want any sending, I'd be only too happy to gather some for her.

Jack's-Jane
10-10-2012, 07:10 PM
:cry:

Millions more vibes being sent for her xx

fluffiebunnie
10-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Thank you x It is appreciated very much that you all care xxx

Bluesmum
10-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Oh poor sweet heart :(

Elena
10-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Poor sweetie :(

Justine
10-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh Donna I'm so sorry this has happened to Twinkle. Sending loads of healing vibes and hugs. You are doing the very best for her. xx

fluffiebunnie
10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
I am just going out to look for some more brambles. People will think I mad if they see me,..

Tinsel
10-10-2012, 07:37 PM
I am just going out to look for some more brambles. People will think I mad if they see me,..

Ah, that's one of the delights of rabbit ownership. ;)

Poor little Twinkle does look poorly but hopefully Mark will be able to reassure you. Does she have any lumps/nodules anywhere?

fluffiebunnie
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Ah, that's one of the delights of rabbit ownership. ;)

Poor little Twinkle does look poorly but hopefully Mark will be able to reassure you. Does she have any lumps/nodules anywhere?

She has eaten more brambles - I hand feed her cut up strips of leaf whilst half sitting in the dog crate - not the comfiest of positions. I cant see any lumps/nodules...

GrahamL
11-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Do you need more brambles?

I have an almost unlimited supply here, i could go and pick fresh today and post to you ?

fluffiebunnie
11-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Do you need more brambles?

I have an almost unlimited supply here, i could go and pick fresh today and post to you ?

Thank you Graham, but I have found some not too far from home. Thank you for,the offer x

GrahamL
11-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Thank you Graham, but I have found some not too far from home. Thank you for,the offer x

Okay, well if that changes, just let me know.

Tinsel
11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Hope Twinkle is doing better this morning and that things go well at the vets :wave:

fluffiebunnie
11-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Thank you x

She is no better, but no worse either I would say.

louise and Gus
11-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Oh she is such a little fighter...give her very gentle nose rubs from me..thinking of you both a lot xx

Lady Logamorph
11-10-2012, 10:23 AM
sending more vibes for Twinkle...think of the positives that she is still eating, really hope she starts to improve soon x

Captain Helen
11-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Poor girl :cry: Keeping up the vibes for Twinkle xx

KarenM
11-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Twinkle. :( Sending lots of vibes. xxx

prettylupin
11-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Okay, well if that changes, just let me know.

Ditto or anything else that she might like to eat. Still thinking of you both xx

Please give Twinkle a special gentle hug from Sammy Starfish xx

fluffiebunnie
11-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Ditto or anything else that she might like to eat. Still thinking of you both xx

Please give Twinkle a special gentle hug from Sammy Starfish xx
Thank you.

My sister is bringing some fresh cut grass (which she was never allowed but loves) this evening, since my new house doesn't have a lawn. Hoping she might like a naughty munch.

prettylupin
11-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Whatever she wants to eat in my book! :thumb: When my rabbit had Myxi (and survived unvaccinated - she had natural immunity) all she ate for weeks on end was dandelion leaves so do try those - Vit C and all that :D

I have been thinking of Twinkle on and off all day and am checking back on here regularly for news having not been on daily for a while. You both mean a lot to me so I really hope she can pull through this x

Tinsel
11-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Did she see the vet today? Hope all is okay...

fluffiebunnie
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Thank you so much for thinking of us :love:

I am sorry this is a late update.. I havent sat down since I left work and took Twinkle to the vets this evening.

Mark is not unhappy with her... she is holding her own.. so I am to keep up treatment. He said I was allowed to give her a wash as her underneath had got all urine and mushy poop ... I have just sat down from her little bath and syringe feeding.

I am starting to feel very tired tonight... it is finally hitting me having to nurse such a sickly bunny and work full time and keep a house running... but it will not be Twinkle that suffers... the house is starting to look very untidy..

My sister brought over some grass from her garden this evening and Twinkle has had a little amount of that tonight after her syringe feed and bath.

susie bun
11-10-2012, 09:39 PM
You must be exhausted. :( Keeping up vibes for Twinkle here. I hope you are able to get a good sleep tonight, knowing you are doing everything possible. xx

curlyanwurly
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I didnt realise bunnies could pull through from mixi,, I remember as a kid my rabbits getting it and I have seen wild rabbits with it and its awful, I so hope you twinkle pulls through, I have read your thread with utter upset and so hope twinkle gets better. I honestly thought the jab was that and that once they had it they were imuned, I guess this isnt true in all cases. we lost our elderly rabbit recently and so my heart goes out to you,
come on twinkle ,,, pull through :love:

Rab-bit
11-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Poor Twinkle and you for having to watch her go through this she sounds amazing though and with your care I sincerely hope she can pull through. Come on Twinkle.

chelle
11-10-2012, 10:07 PM
sending huge vibes for Twinkle....xxxxxx

Tinsel
12-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Hoping Twinkle had a good night and is holding steady this morning :wave:

parsnipbun
12-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Hoping Twinkle had a good night and is holding steady this morning :wave:

same here:wave:

susie bun
12-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Thinking of Twinkle. xxx

fluffiebunnie
12-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Thank you everyone xxx

She is still with us and much the same. Slightly more reluctant to eat brambles this morning.

Gemmapookie
12-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Sending tons more vibes for you and Twinkle xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vanessa.B
12-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Have been thinking about Twinkle and you. Am sending loads of vibes that she is able to beat this awful disease xxx

yaretzi
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't come on very often anymore but I saw this thread and thought I'd comment. It must be hard nursing her through it, but you're doing the best anyone can for her. It's great news that she's not going downhill, and staying steady. Hopefully she can beat this with your help and get back to her usual self soon :love:

weedug
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Sending loads of vibes for her xx

Hele
12-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Thinking of you and Twinkle, it sounds like she is a fighter and she is getting the best of care.

Come on little one, you can do this xxx

fluffiebunnie
12-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Twinkle is less reluctant to eat now but takes syringe feeding well. Her eyes are crusting over a bit and I don't know whether to wash her eyes. I have been using warm cotton wool pads to try and clean them but she is not impressed. Shall I continue to clean her eyes?

Tinsel
12-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Twinkle is less reluctant to eat now but takes syringe feeding well. Her eyes are crusting over a bit and I don't know whether to wash her eyes. I have been using warm cotton wool pads to try and clean them but she is not impressed. Shall I continue to clean her eyes?

Yes and if she's at this stage it's worth getting some antibiotic eye drops from the vets. I think cooled boiled slightly salted water is helpful too, but someone with more knowledge will hopefully be along soon to confirm... :wave:

prettylupin
12-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Providing she doesn't get too distressed then I think bathing her eyes will do no harm and will hopefully soften any crusting and make them a little more comfortable for her. I would simply use clean warm water (boiled and cooled until tepid is probably best as boiling tends to get rid of the chlorine in the water that might irritate a little). Perhaps your vet has some saline drops or something similar - a lubricant for eyes? It is not something I am familiar with. That she is taking the syringe food well means she has appetite and that is good Fluffiebunnie so just keep going xx

susieb1
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Just seen this, keeping everything crossed for Twinkle and big hugs for you.

Tinsel
13-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Hope Twinkle is still doing okay this morning :wave:

fluffiebunnie
13-10-2012, 08:09 AM
I heard Twinkle eating some muesli in the night.

Today she is rather sniffly, sounds like she has a bit of a bunged up nose. She is breathing ok but it sounds like she has a cold.

I am washing her vet bed at the moment so she isn't happy as she doesn't like sitting on a towel. I hope to give her nice clean vet bed back soon after I tumble dry it.

Vanessa.B
13-10-2012, 08:22 AM
More vibes for Twinkle - I am pleased to hear that she has eaten for herself a little bit. You are doing brilliantly with her, huge hugs to you as it must be very tough on you.

Bisolvon can be used with bunnies with bunged up noses, I have a feeling that it is a POM medication though.

blue_vix
13-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Sending lots of get well vibes (((hugs)))

parsnipbun
13-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Do you have forage etc ???

If you PM me I can send a small box freebie for her . . .

mix of willow, pear, apple, and dried dandelion (and fresh if you need)

fluffiebunnie
13-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Do you have forage etc ???

If you PM me I can send a small box freebie for her . . .

mix of willow, pear, apple, and dried dandelion (and fresh if you need)
Thank you, everyone is being so kind x

Lea-Anne
13-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Sending lots of get well vibes (((hugs)))

some more from me too :love:

prettylupin
13-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Big hugs, I know you are having a difficult day today. Sending Twinkle lots more get well soon vibes and a big gentle squeeze xx

parsnipbun
13-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Have sent forage - though the meanie post office said even special delivery it wont get there till Tuesday:(

prettylupin
13-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Have sent forage - though the meanie post office said even special delivery it wont get there till Tuesday:(

I sent some yesterday that got there today :wave: so when yours gets there mine will be gone/over so that's perfect timing don't worry! :)

Elena
13-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Thinking of you both still. Xx

fluffiebunnie
14-10-2012, 08:48 AM
I sent some yesterday that got there today :wave: so when yours gets there mine will be gone/over so that's perfect timing don't worry! :)

Thank you to both of you, you are so kind, Twinkle is having small nibbles at the huge pile of leaves etc that you sent and a fresh supply on Tuesday is perfect timing xxx

fluffiebunnie
14-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Thinking of you both still. Xx

Thank you, it means a lot x

She is still fighting xxx

Captain Helen
14-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Glad she's still fighting. Keeping up the vibes for Twinkle xx

Tinsel
14-10-2012, 08:56 AM
How's little Twinkle today?

fluffiebunnie
14-10-2012, 09:04 AM
She sounds quite bunged up, but still breathing through her nose, just syringed her pellets and then she ate some muesli so feel pleased about that. She is drinking too. Will do a big plate of leaves and let her rest for a bit.

Jack's-Jane
14-10-2012, 09:12 AM
She sounds quite bunged up, but still breathing through her nose, just syringed her pellets and then she ate some muesli so feel pleased about that. She is drinking too. Will do a big plate of leaves and let her rest for a bit.

I so hope that she can win this latest battle.
Lots more vibes being sent xx

prettylupin
14-10-2012, 12:17 PM
She sounds like she is holding her own, I am so pleased to hear that she is nibbling bits and pieces... good girl :thumb:

I seem to remember my buns when they had Myxi developed nodules in the nose which made them sound dreadfully snuffly when breathing but they managed x

fluffiebunnie
14-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Just done a big plate of lovely garden forage for Twinkle... hoping she will eat some this afternoon.

Gemmapookie
14-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Loads more vibes for your brave girl xxxxxxxxxx

Elena
14-10-2012, 02:50 PM
That's good that she's starting to eat something for herself :thumb: Sounds like she's a fighter :thumb:

parsnipbun
14-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Have you got plug in Kalvol (or similar) in the room to help with the bunged up nose?

susie bun
14-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Keeping up vibes for her here too. xxx

Tinsel
14-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Keep going, little Twinkle :wave:

fluffiebunnie
14-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Have you got plug in Kalvol (or similar) in the room to help with the bunged up nose?

No I have nothing like that... I assume if you mention them they are safe.... I will have a rummage in my medical box to see if I have anything, but dont think so.

fluffiebunnie
14-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Just rushed out and got some Olbas Oil. Hope that is ok. Have sprinkled it on the duvet I have covering the back and sides of the dog crate she is in. She cant get to the duvet, but hopefully the smell will help her nose.

prettylupin
16-10-2012, 07:45 AM
:wave:

How is Twinkle doing? x

fluffiebunnie
16-10-2012, 08:34 AM
She is much the same ... I have a vet appointment at 4pm today .. I need more injections and oral antibiotics too .. unless Mark wants to change what we are doing.

She is munching museli and some greenery, which is causing problems at the rear end...., she is quite snuffly but managing. Her eyes are tightly shut and one eye is very weepy with whitish liquid coming out.. I am using an eye lubricant.

I just wish she would show a sign of an improvment... even just a tiny improvement would fill me with hope.

Thank you for asking x

parsnipbun
16-10-2012, 09:14 AM
hope that the day sees some improvement -

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
16-10-2012, 09:32 AM
I've just read through your whole thread and I am so sorry that your precious Twinkle has caught this awful disease. :cry: I really hope she pulls through and I admire you for doing such an amazing job! :love: Keep fighting Twinkle, the whole of RU is behind you! xx

Elena
16-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Hold on to the fact that she is eating by herself, that is a huge help when they are ill. When Mischa had head tilt he carried on eating for himself and we're sure that's the only reason he got through it.

parsnipbun
16-10-2012, 07:31 PM
How did the vet appt go?

Tinsel
16-10-2012, 07:32 PM
It is a really long drawn out disease, sadly, but that doesn't mean it can't be beaten. It's great that she's still eating - that's a good sign.

fluffiebunnie
16-10-2012, 07:34 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Tinsel
16-10-2012, 07:39 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh no! I'm so very sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry:

bunslave
16-10-2012, 07:42 PM
:cry: Oh no. I'm so sorry :cry:

Bunny Buddy
16-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Noooo! I'm so, so sorry. It must have been pure hell seeing her with this awful disease. I'm really sorry she wasn't strong enough to fight it.

Hanlou
16-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm so very sorry. You did your very best for her. This is such a hideous disease!! :cry::cry:

Sending lots of hugs xxx

prettylupin
16-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Oh gosh I am so dreadfully sorry :cry::cry:

You did your very best, take heart in that. I am so so sorry for your loss. Twinkle had a special place in my heart. Thinking of you at this difficult time xx

megansmummy
16-10-2012, 08:01 PM
So so sorry :( xxx

olices
16-10-2012, 08:02 PM
So sorry to hear your sad news, RIP Twinkle

fluffiebunnie
16-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I cant believe she has gone... I broke down taking the evening veggies out to the bunnies tonight... knowing she will never come running to the door :cry::cry::cry::cry:

She was PTS this afternoon at the vets. Mark and I decided it was the kindest thing to do. I am a mess :cry:

missniknak
16-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Big hugs to you. It is devastating to lose a bunny.
Binky-free at the bridge Twinkle x

prettylupin
16-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I cant believe she has gone... I broke down taking the evening veggies out to the bunnies tonight... knowing she will never come running to the door :cry::cry::cry::cry:

She was PTS this afternoon at the vets. Mark and I decided it was the kindest thing to do. I am a mess :cry:

So so sorry. It really was the kindest thing to do and Mark would not have suggested it if not her time. You both tried your best and it was worth that try, it really was. She will always be with you in your heart xx

SarahP
16-10-2012, 08:13 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this. :cry: The kindest decisions are always the hardest. Thinking of you x

mini lop1
16-10-2012, 08:15 PM
:cry: oh no im soo sorry xxxx

Elena
16-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry :cry:

Jamie
16-10-2012, 08:24 PM
So sorry. X

rabbitapril
16-10-2012, 08:28 PM
So sorry. Really sorry.:cry:

Jack's-Jane
16-10-2012, 08:46 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

bunny babe
16-10-2012, 08:48 PM
:cry: I am so very sorry, thinking of you xxx

ripminnie
16-10-2012, 09:11 PM
I am so sorry :cry: :cry: xxx

Justine
16-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Awww I am so sorry Donna. Binky free Twinkle. xxx

newbabybuns
16-10-2012, 09:19 PM
So sorry Twinkle didn't make it. Myxi is an evil evil disease :cry: binky free xxxxx

parsnipbun
16-10-2012, 09:41 PM
So very very sorry - it hurts so much I know - but Mark would not have suggested it if he had not thought it right.

Captain Helen
16-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh no :cry: I'm so sorry :cry: Binky free Twinkle xx

susie bun
16-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm really sorry. Words just don't seem adequate, but I am thinking of you specially as you come to terms with losing your beautiful Twinkle. xxx

Vanessa.B
16-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh no. I am so so sorry :cry::cry::cry: I am thinking of you. Sleep tight beautiful Twinkle, one of my favourite RU bunnies xxx

weedug
16-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh no!

I'm really sorry :cry::cry:

Binky free Twinkle x

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
16-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm so so sorry, this is heart breaking. :cry: Twinkle had an amazing life, I'm so sorry she couldn't beat this but she had the best bunny mum she could have asked for who did only the best for her. :love: Binky free Twinkle. Xx

Bluesmum
16-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm so sorry. Sleep tight beautiful.x

Amy & Amber
16-10-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm so sorry god bless twinkle x

Hele
16-10-2012, 11:53 PM
I am so so sorry :(

Binky free sweetheart xxx

natsusakura
17-10-2012, 01:01 AM
:( sorry, you did your best. -hugs- she's free from it all now xxxxx

*lily*
17-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Oh no, I am so very sorry :(

Sleep tightly beautiful, free from pain xxx

GrahamL
17-10-2012, 08:10 AM
There are no words. After everythign she went through, this dreadful dreadfull disease took its toll.

Massive hugs fluffiebunnie.

Binky free Twinkle, shine a light at Rainbow Bridge.

fluffiebunnie
17-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I cannot cope :cry:

Cant even go to feed the outside bunnies.. Sparkle all alone... all bunnies unaware of what has happened.. I cant look at them in the same way I used to. I loved going out to see them.. Now it just reminds me Twinkle is not there :cry:

I cant eat, cant stop crying.

I have to try and think of what to do with the remaining three.. but that seems so cold hearted... moving on and Twinkle only just gone...

sparklefairy
17-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm so very sorry :cry::cry::cry:

It is very early days, you are bound to find it hard, anyone would feel the same.

You won't be cold hearted for thinking of the other buns for they need your love. It must be heartbreaking to see Sparkle all alone. When you are both ready then you can think about bonding her with another bun, but only when you are ready, there is no rush and it will not be replacing Twinkle, for no bun will.

I am so very sorry (((hugs)))

Xxx

Jaysmonkey
17-10-2012, 09:13 AM
:cry::cry: I am so very sorry. Binky free beautiful Twinkle xx

KarenM
17-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Oh gosh, no. :cry::cry: I'm so sorry. Having only recently lost Bubbles I know only too well the feelings you're having at the moment. :( There's no right or wrong at a time like this and you're not cold for thinking of your remaining bunnies and what's best to do. If you really don't feel up to thinking about it right now, then don't feel as though you have to make any decisions any time soon - give yourself some time to grieve first. Huge hugs. xxxx

prettylupin
17-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I am so gutted for you :cry: What you are feeling is normal Donna, normal grief - it is different for us all. The pain will ease in time and you will once again take pleasure in going to see your other buns. Don't rush or push yourself. Could your OH perhaps feed your buns for a few days or your daughter just to give you a bit of space to grieve until you are ready? x

Boudicca
17-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Oh no!!! I'm so very sorry :cry: bless her, this was just one battle too many such a hideous disease. I really am so very sorry Binky free brave little Twinkle and big hugs to you, you did everything you could x

Debster
17-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Oh Fluffiebunnie my heart sank when I saw this, sending you the biggest hug :cry::cry: I am just so very sorry.

Don't feel you have to rush into making decisions about your bunnies right now. I felt a bit better when I had a plan in place to find Pickle a new friend as I hated seeing him alone, but I couldn't do it straight away.

Thinking of you and Sparkle, binky free brave Twinkle xxx

curlyanwurly
17-10-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the news, I have been following your thread with fingers crossed. Dont feel bad about the way you feel, I recently lost my old bunny to old age and I was totaly gutted and found it hard for a while to be with the others knowing I wouldnt be seeing my Molly anymore. it has got slightly better and I am now looking forward to the future with my current and also two new bunnies that I rescued, mollys mate Fred seems to be happy on his own for now, he certainly didnt take kindly to a new mate!
I hope time will heal

Elena
17-10-2012, 09:48 PM
I cannot cope :cry:

Cant even go to feed the outside bunnies.. Sparkle all alone... all bunnies unaware of what has happened.. I cant look at them in the same way I used to. I loved going out to see them.. Now it just reminds me Twinkle is not there :cry:

I cant eat, cant stop crying.

I have to try and think of what to do with the remaining three.. but that seems so cold hearted... moving on and Twinkle only just gone...

Oh sweetheart :(

Give yourself time, and the bunnies. Sparkle will be ok, in fact she might even be best having a bit of space for a little while. Mini did, she needed some time to rediscover her bravery and mischief making without Mischa.

Xx

Santa
17-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Oh no, I'm really so very sorry to read this sad update, you must be devastated :(

Big hugs to you x x x

one of the family
18-10-2012, 12:15 AM
So very, very sorry xx

Binky free Twinkle, enjoy the sun at The Bridge xxx

mollyjoker
18-10-2012, 05:54 PM
You tried your hardest and from your posts you showed your
love for poor Twinkle.
You are in good company here as we understand your loss.
Just think what a loving life Twinkle had and remember the
happy times.
Big kiss for Twinkle at the bridge such a lovely name for a bunny x

hurricanhoney
18-10-2012, 07:47 PM
So sorry :cry:

Rab-bit
18-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I am so gutted for you, sounds as though Twinkle tried her hardest as did you. Let yourself grieve for her and treat the other buns as normal. Why dont you go and sit with them and say out loud everything that your feeling - sounds crazy but it might help!

Binkying free Twinkle x

Elena
18-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I am so gutted for you, sounds as though Twinkle tried her hardest as did you. Let yourself grieve for her and treat the other buns as normal. Why dont you go and sit with them and say out loud everything that your feeling - sounds crazy but it might help!

Binkying free Twinkle x

I agree with this, you have to get the thoughts in your head out of your head, even if it's by writing them down, even the ones you don't want to admit to or that you know are rubbish.

When Mischa died my overwhelming feeling that night was that I just wanted to go and dig him up and bring him indoors because the thought of him out there on his own in the cold was so awful, it's even making me cry now thinking about it. It seemed crazy because I knew that made no sense but it wasn't until I could say that out loud to my Mum that I could kind of park that to one side for a little while.

Thinking of you, if you wanna talk my inbox is always open. Xx