PDA

View Full Version : Lump on Poppy's Ear

Janey
07-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Ok, I am a bit paranoid after reading about poor bunnies getting myxi. :cry:

I have just noticed a little lump on Poppy's ear right at the end. A while ago somehow the bottom of her ear got split and it was bleeding (several weeks ago), I haven't looked at it much since because I forgot about it and I have to poke and prod her enough, but I just notice in the same place as where the split ws is a lump, can bunnies get lumpy like scars? I'm obviously paranoid she has nodular myxi. It's literally a little back lump, best described like a black wart I suppose. Having areal panic. She was vaccinated in August with the combi vaccine.

Georgeypudding
07-10-2012, 09:39 PM
any lumps anywhere else?
You say it's black, it isn't dried blood is it? It could also be dead skin so it may be worth a vet trip tomorrow :wave:

Janey
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
any lumps anywhere else?
You say it's black, it isn't dried blood is it? It could also be dead skin so it may be worth a vet trip tomorrow :wave:

I've had a quick look and can't find any. No, not blood, definitely a little lump. In the last 10 days I've spent 140 on her at the vets so am really hesitant to go again, plus it's quite a journey so think I will just keep an eye. She's on baytril anyway so doubt the vet could do much more at the moment anyway :roll:

Georgeypudding
08-10-2012, 11:46 AM
the thing is if it is necrotic it is very very important to take her to the vets ASAP

Jack's-Jane
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
May just be a keloid lump given the history of injury xx

Janey
08-10-2012, 01:52 PM
May just be a keloid lump given the history of injury xx

Thanks, I think that is what it is. It is exactly in the middle of the little slit she has at the end of her ear where the wound was.

I do take going to the vets seriously but I am there all the time, it's not feasible or practical to go every time I have a panic over something (which is regularly). I will be going next week anyway as well as going last week and the week before that, I will keep and eye on her and go before then if necessary.