• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lump on Poppy's Ear

Janey

Warren Veteran
Ok, I am a bit paranoid after reading about poor bunnies getting myxi. :cry:

I have just noticed a little lump on Poppy's ear right at the end. A while ago somehow the bottom of her ear got split and it was bleeding (several weeks ago), I haven't looked at it much since because I forgot about it and I have to poke and prod her enough, but I just notice in the same place as where the split ws is a lump, can bunnies get lumpy like scars? I'm obviously paranoid she has nodular myxi. It's literally a little back lump, best described like a black wart I suppose. Having areal panic. She was vaccinated in August with the combi vaccine.

any lumps anywhere else?
You say it's black, it isn't dried blood is it? It could also be dead skin so it may be worth a vet trip tomorrow :wave:

any lumps anywhere else?
You say it's black, it isn't dried blood is it? It could also be dead skin so it may be worth a vet trip tomorrow :wave:

I've had a quick look and can't find any. No, not blood, definitely a little lump. In the last 10 days I've spent £140 on her at the vets so am really hesitant to go again, plus it's quite a journey so think I will just keep an eye. She's on baytril anyway so doubt the vet could do much more at the moment anyway :roll:

May just be a keloid lump given the history of injury xx

Thanks, I think that is what it is. It is exactly in the middle of the little slit she has at the end of her ear where the wound was.

I do take going to the vets seriously but I am there all the time, it's not feasible or practical to go every time I have a panic over something (which is regularly). I will be going next week anyway as well as going last week and the week before that, I will keep and eye on her and go before then if necessary.

Back