• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house - new garden has no lawn

tommo1975

Young Bun
I've just had an offer on a house accepted and the only draw back of the property is no lawn in the back garden. It's more of a courtyard with paving. This poses a problem for Boris as I currently put him out in his run on the lawn. He's also a bit of a digger, although makes no serious effort to dig to China, more of a short attempt at digging and then giving up just having scratched the surface.

Short of ripping up the paving and laying a lawn (not really an option), what alternatives do I have? I was thinking of getting a roll of turf each month and putting it in a large plastic tray, watering it etc and having him being able to run over that and nibble it.

If hes adigger I would have said concrete is better, just get some big pots and you can grow grass and he can dig in them

All my outdoor buns are/will be in slabs rather than grass and I just provide pots of compost for digging/laying in :thumb:

Mine are on the patio so they will be ok. I raid grass for them when I see it. I came back with a big bagful of grass and clover from the rugby club this morning.

Back