• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really peed off!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We took in the 17 Aberdeen rescue bunnies about a month ago, we were told that one if the grey, un-named girls had been caught by a male. When we picked them up we labelled the box with the possibly pregnant female and put her into a hutch, again labelled 'possibly pregnant'!
We got her in the week after arrival to be spayed, which created complications for her because the vet nicked her small intestine.
Guess what- the other grey girlie has had a litter of 4 babies! Fairly beloved rescue and her foster carer now have to deal with a litter, we look like e got things wrong, Olga went through a rush spay before being able to come to terms with her change of circumstance and Ola, the other girl has been moved twice while pregnant. The only consolation is that she will be given proper care, has actually been allowd a nest to have her babies ( in her previous home she had no hay or private area to give birth.

Well as you say at least Mummy Bunny has had appropriate care now. Thank goodness the other Doe survived that spay :shock:Are her guts working OK ?

Well as you say at least Mummy Bunny has had appropriate care now. Thank goodness the other Doe survived that spay :shock:Are her guts working OK ?

She is eating and pooping, but not pooping normally- they are small and dark and sometimes stuck together. She is also very aggressive, although she seemed to be in the middle of a phantom when she was spayed and the vet said her ovaries were huge!

I know mistakes happen, but to not know the difference between 2 rabbits you have had for 3 years is pretty poor, but I guess she never named them. I was even told that Olga had already had litters and killed them- not a surprise when there was nothing to make a nest or an area hidden and private.

She is eating and pooping, but not pooping normally- they are small and dark and sometimes stuck together. She is also very aggressive, although she seemed to be in the middle of a phantom when she was spayed and the vet said her ovaries were huge!

I know mistakes happen, but to not know the difference between 2 rabbits you have had for 3 years is pretty poor, but I guess she never named them. I was even told that Olga had already had litters and killed them- not a surprise when there was nothing to make a nest or an area hidden and private.

It's sickening isn't it. Some people just have no concept of responsibility towards their Pets.
I hope Little Grey Rabbit will be OK eventually.

You guys don't look like you got things wrong.
You only had this lady's word to go on. She clearly didn't think much of her buns. It's so sad that they never even had names..
FBRC are great I have 3 of my buns from them.

I'm just glad that poor Ola had he babies after you got her out that place.
How horrible would it have been if she'd had them in her old home :(
Vibes being sent for Olga, I never realised she was so ill.
xxxxxx

Back