• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG - Amazon are selling rabbit skins!!!

Technically Amazon aren't selling it, a trader using their platform is however.

It's highly unlikely Amazon even know it's for sale, I don't even know what their rules are for traders using their systems

I am on Amazon live chat just now asking about it.

ETA: Conversation.....(did fib a bit to get the point across, wasn't buying anything :))

You are now connected to Karthikeyan from Amazon.co.uk.
Me:I have just come across an item for sale on your website and I am rather offended by it. Could you please confirm if this is the sort of thing that Amazon are happy to be selling? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbit-Skin.../ref=sr_1_162?ie=UTF8&qid=1349601054&sr=8-162

Karthikeyan:Hello, my name is Karthikeyan. I'll be happy to help you.
Let me check this item. Please give me 2 minutes.

Me:No problem, I was planning on purchasing some supplies for my pet Rabbits when this item came up. Now this is the last thing that I expect to see on your site. A Rabbit is a popular british pet.....how would someone feel about having a cat or dog skin for sale!

Karthikeyan:Thanks for waiting.
I will need to investigate this issue with appropriate team.
I will get back to you within 2 days with an update.

Me:How will you get back to me?

Karthikeyan:please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I will get back to you through an e-mail.

Me:No problem. Be sure to stress my absolute disgust to the appropriate team. In this instance I will not be purchasing my pet supplies from Amazon.

Karthikeyan:I am sorry you feel that way. I can assure correct actions will be taken upon this and I will notify you as soon as I get an update.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:Thank you for your help. No, I don't need any more help.

Last edited:
Technically Amazon aren't selling it, a trader using their platform is however.

It's highly unlikely Amazon even know it's for sale, I don't even know what their rules are for traders using their systems

Yeah I realise this but was still shocked that Amazon would allow it - surely they have some sort of policing system for what's being sold on their site!?!!?

I am on Amazon live chat just now asking about it.

ETA: Conversation.....(did fib a bit to get the point across, wasn't buying anything :))

You are now connected to Karthikeyan from Amazon.co.uk.
Me:I have just come across an item for sale on your website and I am rather offended by it. Could you please confirm if this is the sort of thing that Amazon are happy to be selling? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbit-Skin.../ref=sr_1_162?ie=UTF8&qid=1349601054&sr=8-162

Karthikeyan:Hello, my name is Karthikeyan. I'll be happy to help you.
Let me check this item. Please give me 2 minutes.

Me:No problem, I was planning on purchasing some supplies for my pet Rabbits when this item came up. Now this is the last thing that I expect to see on your site. A Rabbit is a popular british pet.....how would someone feel about having a cat or dog skin for sale!

Karthikeyan:Thanks for waiting.
I will need to investigate this issue with appropriate team.
I will get back to you within 2 days with an update.

Me:How will you get back to me?

Karthikeyan:please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I will get back to you through an e-mail.

Me:No problem. Be sure to stress my absolute disgust to the appropriate team. In this instance I will not be purchasing my pet supplies from Amazon.

Karthikeyan:I am sorry you feel that way. I can assure correct actions will be taken upon this and I will notify you as soon as I get an update.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:Thank you for your help. No, I don't need any more help.

Excellent, thanks for that, lets hope they do something about it.

Glad I'm not the only one who was shocked by this.

And it wasn't a big fib you told as I was actually searching for rabbit toys when this popped up!!!!

I know that this is rocking the boat a little.....but how is it any different from cow hide rugs you see for sale?

Admittedly I do find it distastful though :wave:

I know that this is rocking the boat a little.....but how is it any different from cow hide rugs you see for sale?
That's what I was thinking, in fact why is it even any different to leather shoes? I don't see any reason it would be against the rules to sell it. May as well put the hides to good use as I guess someone is eating the meat.

My daughter has a genuine New Zealand sheepskin rug on her bedroom floor and loves it! It is so soft and cost my parents a small fortune. You can tell it's genuine and was once bounding around a field on the other side of the world (well, I concede I can't tell the last bit, but lambs do bound ...). Same sort of thing really. I wouldn't buy the rabbit fur though purely because I love my bunny girls :love:

I don't mind it being for sale, they especially make good dog training aids, but I would expect to see it on a specific site for items like that, not Amazon of all places!

I have sent amazon a email

as a part of my course I did pr and I highlighted how it could effect their company in the public view how it damages their ethics and values etc... so it doesnt look like im just attacking them.

Back