• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New family member :-)

Ch3rrie

New Kit
Hi everyone,

I thought i'd post some photo's of our new rabbit.
She came from a family that didn't want her :( She has been here for 30 minutes and she is very nosey! She is not scared of us at all.
She looks like a wild rabbit though? I am definitely no expert on rabbits but she does look like the ones I see in the wild.
Surely the other family wouldn't of snatched her from outside? I do not know the family, my friend took the rabbit in because the neighbour didn't care that the rabbit kept escaping into my friends garden and she couldn't keep her so we took her in.
Is there any way I could estimate her age? Or tell if she has a winter coat? The previous owners didn't bother saying anything useful!
(she is currently on my shoulder :love:)
30259310151035560837202.jpg

25300910151035562082202.jpg

If she's ok with you I doubt she's wild. She wouldn't want to be anywhere near you if she was! :)

She is gorgeous!!!

Aw she does look just like a wildie doesn't she? :love::love::love:

If she was however, she would NOT be on your shoulder right now:lol::lol::lol:

I don't think she is very old personally, no more than a yearling at most:thumb:

Phew that is great!!!
She has just sat and licked my partners head!

Next hurdle is to introduce my 2 kittens to her.......

yes she does look like a wildie! When people see my Bella though they often ask if she is, as she has an agouti coat, but she is definately dwarf lop shaped when you look closely (a well rounded bottom!) and feel her, more chunky. She is a dwarf lop nethie cross, her father was all black and her mother like brown/ginger. Maybe this bunny was born a wildie but was hand fed?

her face isn't quite right for a wildie but she looks pretty similar! :D people ask me if my Sebastian is a wildie but he is faaar too tiny :lol:

The kittens are terrified of her, phew!
She started to get scared so we have put her in her hutch to calm down (it's in our living room at the moment). The cats are looking at her looking very confused.

looks like one of our wildies (the girl wildie. . ) They do vary in their looks - have you an estimated weight for her?

ours all come in at about 1.3kg - very very light and gracile.

could she have been an orphan who was hand reared?

looks like one of our wildies (the girl wildie. . ) They do vary in their looks - have you an estimated weight for her?

ours all come in at about 1.3kg - very very light and gracile.

could she have been an orphan who was hand reared?

LOL yes try and weigh her, you can weigh yourself then hold her and work out the difference, they other way of doing it is putting them onto a flat plate or tray on some kitchen scales but they absolutely HATE it, (the slippy surface) so I doubt your newbie would comply. My Bella comes in a about 2.3 so it a big difference if widlies are around 1.3.

Possibly hand reared was my thinking too.

Back