• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Baytril to pineapple juice ratio

Dutchy

Young Bun
Kimi is back on oral Baytril again :(
The last time she had it I just added it to her drinking water but the vet has said no I can't do that this time.
I have read of people mixing it with fresh pineapple juice which I would like to try but I'm not sure at what ratio to do it without it affecting the medication, she is on 1.5ml.
If anyone has answers I would be very grateful.

Does she like banana? The easiest way to give baytril is to mash up a slice of banana and mix the baytril up. They think it's a yummy treat! Either that or put it in a small piece of wholemeal bread, let it dry out a bit then feed it to them :wave:

Thanks ripminnie I tried that last time but she is far too clever for any of that :lol:
I'm afraid this course has got be syringed directly into her mouth some how :?

I have been mixing it with a little Hipp apple, mango and peach baby food and syringing it. The rabbits haven't really liked it but most of it goes down.

David

Wrap her up tight in a towel. Then pop the syringe gently to the side of her mouth and drop little bits at a time itl take a little longer but you'll get it in :)

Back