• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inky was PTS last night: advice needed for Smokey

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I'm just shattered, he had bloat and the emergency vet thought that it was the kindest thing to do. I brought his body home last night and Smokey has spent the night with him. She seems to accept that he has gone and is still eating but I don't know what to do for the best with her.

She's 9 and if I'm honest, I don't want to pair her up again with young rabbit, is is possible to foster an older one? Alternatively, would she be better as a single house rabbit? She likes going outside but I don't think it's fair for her to live on her own outside.

Sorry you lost Inky. I don't have any experience founded advice but I don't think I'd want an elderley rabbit outside on their own. I think it depends on her and whether you think she'd like being a house rabbit and whether that's practical, otherwise I'd try to get an older companion as you suggest.

I'm so sorry :cry: I would have a look for older single buns available to adopt, or bring her inside. Binky free Inky xx

I am so sorry about Inky :cry:

I would bring Smokey in and have her as a House Rabbit. You dont have to decide on adopting/Fostering another Rabbit yet

RIP Inky xx

Thank you for all the replies. At the moment, I've decided to have Smokey as a house rabbit, although I'm going to move her to a quieter part of the house (she's in the hall). She is a bit quiet but she is eating and to be honest, she's coping a lot better than I am.

Sorry to hear about you loss.
I had an 12 year old house rabbit Rosie who lost her partner Bobby. We decided to keep her on her own for a little while, she seemed happy enough and took great solice in a door excluder, which was a furry cat. It was like Bobby and she used to love it and cuddle up and scrat it. We got her a younger rabbit to join her last year, they were starting to bond, but her teeth go the better of her and we had to let her go :cry: Thinking back we maybe should have got her a partner sooner, but she seemed happy enough.
RIP Inky

Last edited:
Back