PDA

View Full Version : Inky was PTS last night: advice needed for Smokey

FriskyClover
06-10-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm just shattered, he had bloat and the emergency vet thought that it was the kindest thing to do. I brought his body home last night and Smokey has spent the night with him. She seems to accept that he has gone and is still eating but I don't know what to do for the best with her.

She's 9 and if I'm honest, I don't want to pair her up again with young rabbit, is is possible to foster an older one? Alternatively, would she be better as a single house rabbit? She likes going outside but I don't think it's fair for her to live on her own outside.

RedFraggle
06-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Sorry you lost Inky. I don't have any experience founded advice but I don't think I'd want an elderley rabbit outside on their own. I think it depends on her and whether you think she'd like being a house rabbit and whether that's practical, otherwise I'd try to get an older companion as you suggest.

Bluesmum
06-10-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm so sorry :(

Captain Helen
06-10-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm so sorry :cry: I would have a look for older single buns available to adopt, or bring her inside. Binky free Inky xx

Jack's-Jane
06-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I am so sorry about Inky :cry:

I would bring Smokey in and have her as a House Rabbit. You dont have to decide on adopting/Fostering another Rabbit yet

RIP Inky xx

ripminnie
06-10-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm so sorry you lost Inky :cry: xxx

FriskyClover
06-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Thank you for all the replies. At the moment, I've decided to have Smokey as a house rabbit, although I'm going to move her to a quieter part of the house (she's in the hall). She is a bit quiet but she is eating and to be honest, she's coping a lot better than I am.

Tinsel
06-10-2012, 04:17 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news :cry:

olices
06-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear about you loss.
I had an 12 year old house rabbit Rosie who lost her partner Bobby. We decided to keep her on her own for a little while, she seemed happy enough and took great solice in a door excluder, which was a furry cat. It was like Bobby and she used to love it and cuddle up and scrat it. We got her a younger rabbit to join her last year, they were starting to bond, but her teeth go the better of her and we had to let her go :cry: Thinking back we maybe should have got her a partner sooner, but she seemed happy enough.
RIP Inky

weedug
06-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm so sorry you lost Inky :cry: