• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cleaner

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
does anyone know where i can get big bottles/tubs of cleaner from? those little spray bottles don't last long enough

Does anyone use Virkon S ?? Is it safe to use on wood? I need to dissinfect the shed, mainly the wood (the little monseters have peed from top shelf because they dont like the hay and the side of the shed is minging)?

Does anyone use Virkon S ?? Is it safe to use on wood? I need to dissinfect the shed, mainly the wood (the little monseters have peed from top shelf because they dont like the hay and the side of the shed is minging)?

I used to use Virkon but found that if you dont use it quick enough once it is made up it expands and you end up if you are not careful with a burst sprayer. When I did rescue I got through it quick enough, once my numbers started dropping I didn't. I cannot see a reason why you cannot use it on wood, however if the area is at risk of being peed on in the future can you let it thoroughly dry out and then cover it with something which can be wiped down.

I used to use Virkon but found that if you dont use it quick enough once it is made up it expands and you end up if you are not careful with a burst sprayer. When I did rescue I got through it quick enough, once my numbers started dropping I didn't. I cannot see a reason why you cannot use it on wood, however if the area is at risk of being peed on in the future can you let it thoroughly dry out and then cover it with something which can be wiped down.

Thank you... We are going to block it in with wood and stick lino to the wood (so its wipable) but wanted something to clean the wood walls first (to stop it getting smelly).... this is all because they've not had ings hay and have been peeing on their hay grrrr

Back