• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Genetics Project.

iMortalDan

New Kit
I'm looking to do a rabbit breeding projects including genetics and punnet squares. Anyone know any guidance and I need to come up with a question and stuff? Like "What gene will be dominant in these parents looking at the litter".

Thanks!

:wave: I have no idea what a punnet square is, sorry :lol: Is it one of those grid things which shows you which genes are recessive or dominant *reels back memory to biology lessons 20 odd years ago*

To be honest, I doubt you'll find this the best forum to get an answer to that question - although the forum is for all bunny lovers, most folks here are rescues or pro-rescues, there are very few breeders, so it's unlikely that you'll find the right sort of expertise here for that. Does the project actually involve breeding bunnies, just looking at the theoretical side of things, or perhaps observing an existing breeding situation without doing it yourself? Most people here (myself included!) would strongly urge you not to breed yourself for this reason, as there are already over 33,000 bunnies taken into UK rescues every year as there are more bunnies than there are homes for them - so the general feleing among most folk here is that it's not good for rabbit welfare to add any more to it!

Back