• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone tried this litter product?

I've used smartbedz, it was fantastic, so ridiculously absorbant and great with smells (I tested it and it lasted 4-5 days and one of my buns drinks and wees a lot). But it is expensive compared to megazorb, and heavy, which I could deal with. But the buns realised it was yummy (its made out of straw) and developed a liking for it so it had to go.

You'd have to be careful with finacard in case the buns ate it too, I think.

I haven't seen any megazorb suppliers. hmm. I need something that will be economical for emptying everyday.

I haven't seen any megazorb suppliers. hmm. I need something that will be economical for emptying everyday.

I get megazorb from the hay experts. Smartbedz isnt really something you empty everyday I dont think, more like every 2 days, as it absorbs a lot and costs a far bit.

Have you considered newspaper and hay?

I get megazorb from the hay experts. Smartbedz isnt really something you empty everyday I dont think, more like every 2 days, as it absorbs a lot and costs a far bit.

Have you considered newspaper and hay?

thats what I'm using that now but if it rains the buns feet make it soaked within minutes then they have nowhere dry. Or all 7 go and pee in the first litter tray and its sodden within minutes (4 of them did that when I put the fresh paper in today and I redid it straight away :roll:) Plus I'm trying to reduce any chance of cross contamination so wanting to not use hay in the litter trays and reduce the chance of any urine soaking back into their feet from the paper. I've tried newspaper and straw today with the hay in the hay racks.

thats what I'm using that now but if it rains the buns feet make it soaked within minutes then they have nowhere dry. Or all 7 go and pee in the first litter tray and its sodden within minutes (4 of them did that when I put the fresh paper in today and I redid it straight away :roll:) Plus I'm trying to reduce any chance of cross contamination so wanting to not use hay in the litter trays and reduce the chance of any urine soaking back into their feet from the paper. I've tried newspaper and straw today with the hay in the hay racks.

Ahh I see, well with 7 buns using it, Smartbedz may be a better option because its so absorbant. Try it, no loss really - worse that can happen is that they'll start eating it so you'll have to stop using it. Watch for holes in the hay where they've dig a little munching hole to get at the litter.

I'd also reccommend Yesterdays News, but again it costs a lot. Megazorb would be first to try IMO, as its the most economical.

I use Finacard's papelit pellets for my hedgehog's litter tray, and they work reasonably well. Far better than plain finacard cardboard does anyway. Wouldn't know about their use for bunnies though I'm afraid, and they are a bit costly - I buy them in as much bulk as I can :)

Back