• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

slow bonding

Snow-White

Mama Doe
How can i do a 'slow bond?'
I need to keep poppets stress levels minimul so her snuffles doesnt flare up again..
shes showing very obvious signs she needs a friend, but we cant risk a normal bond as the stress of it could cause a flare up :cry:

I do this for Dave's group. Just a few hours in the evening together to start with and then gradually build up the length of time they stay together over a period of weeks until they get to a point where they can be together and then separate at night. Do that for a week or so and then its full time.

each bond is different so i just play it by ear as to how long they should be left together each time and how quickly it moves forward :wave:

I do this for Dave's group. Just a few hours in the evening together to start with and then gradually build up the length of time they stay together over a period of weeks until they get to a point where they can be together and then separate at night. Do that for a week or so and then its full time.

each bond is different so i just play it by ear as to how long they should be left together each time and how quickly it moves forward :wave:

what sort of space would you use for this?
do you still use neutrel ground?
so sorry for being a pain i want it all to be perfect :love:

Yes I use neutral space. With dave's lot i don't stick to the rules and usually let them free range in a room or out in the garden as they need space, but that might not work for other buns. After i have built up time in a neutral space I gradually introduce time in their usual home

Yes I use neutral space. With dave's lot i don't stick to the rules and usually let them free range in a room or out in the garden as they need space, but that might not work for other buns. After i have built up time in a neutral space I gradually introduce time in their usual home

Ill let you know how i go, i wont do it for a few weeks yet Oliver Hormones need to die down first, but may date them in the mean time?

Back