• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Eight- Diary Thread

TickTock

Alpha Buck
As I posted in a previous thread (which was in the wrong place! Oops!) I'm attempting to bond eight litter mates (out of the nine) all back into one huge mob. 4 girls and 4 boys. Charcoal will be bonded at a later date because he hates the world and does not like anyone :lol:

MobO9-1.png

Lots of nosing and interest has been going on for a long time. Sometimes let them out to play in the garden together and they play just fine. The boys tend to be a little more afraid of the girls though (which has resulted in the eight of them out together being called a 'Nerd Convention' for some long and strange reason :lol:

Today was... Interesting to say the least. The rabbits are all in one huge shed, that contains a large hutch.The boy bunnies last night had been sleeping on the outside of the hutch, while the girls stayed in their hutch for the night. Most of nosing with the girls fussing to come out.

This morning I let them out....

Chasing by the boys after the girls, with Major being a Major-Pain-In-The-Butt. The boys mostly settled down save for Major, who set Apollo off :roll: No humping from the girls, a few humps between the boys (on their brothers!).

At dinner time I got a surprise though! I put 2 dishes; one the boys and one the girls. I ended up with 3 golden boys at one dish and 3 black and a gold bun in the other!

When it came to me trying to spilt them for the night they would have NONE of it. Even though the boys had been chasing them, the girls would run and hide next to the boys, with the boys trying to hide in the girls cage. I gave up and left them to it. If any major fights break out I can hear them quite easily (the shed is right next to my bedroom) And the girls know how to jump on their cage when they have had enough. The boys haven't figured out how to do this yet.

My Dad and I both watched them. He seems to think that a few days and they should settle into one huge mob. :thumb:

Will keep you all posted with piccies tomorrow!

we had a big group of 8: 6 siblings, mum and another male.

It worked for a while but eventually we had to remove one female sibling as there was female rivalry for topspot, and also one male sibling as he was an 'odd' bun socially - nipping everyone and they all got fed up with him.

The group of 6 are now very happy and the ones we had to move out are in other groups (though the nippy one is just in a pair - him and his boyfreind).

Charcoal is an odd one too. He loves grooms but then attacks the ladies afterwards. I'm really not sure what to do with him as he only seems to of bonded with his 15 year old father. I want him back in the group but at the same time I don't want to leave Old Mr. Yug without anyone to talk to.

Back