• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the old and the young?

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
so after thinking about putting 3 rabbits together I have decided not too as after seroius consideration I dont feel it would work and that our hutch and run is prehaps not big enough, so the 4yrold rabbit and 2yrold rabbit we have are going to be bonded and live together which leaves a 7.5yrold and a 9 week old bunny both living on their own, do you think putting baby and 7.5yrold together would work? has anyone bonded a old and young rabbit? obviously I appriciate that eventualy baby will be on her own again but I am happy to adopt another unwanted rabbit to partner her when this happens but my rabbit whose just past on was 10yrs old so there could be life left in the ol boy and I dont want him to be lonley either!
its either that or bring bunny indoors but I dont feel happy doing this as we would never be able rabbit proof all of our wiring and indoors can be very noisey at times as I childmind plus in the winter when the heating is on the poor thing would cook as she has her own fur coat!

I have a very old (and unfixed due to his age) Buck of 15 years and his surprise litter Son (who is fixed) of 2 years bonded. They get a long very well and play together. When the old man can't run anymore they just sit and watch the world go by.

I'm not an expert (at all :lol: ) but personally I think it depends on your old bun and their personality. And whether the young bun would suddenly decide to 'take over' dominance if they were submissive at a younger age.

I say try it with caution! If you don't you'll wonder if it would ever of worked :wave:

thankyou ticktock, WOW 15yrs thats a great age, can I ask how old your younger bun was when you bonded them? I cant decide if shes too tiny as yet or if she would be ok, she is currently still with mum

Back