• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed bunny nest building

Janey

Warren Veteran
Is there any particularly reason my girly would do this? I have come home to a nest in Pixie's litter tray. Could it be stress?

Flora still does it every so often - probably twice a year. She's nine and a half :shock: and has been spayed since she was about 4 months old.

She is 3. I'm not sure exactly when she was spayed as she was from a family friend but I assume at about 6 months. She definitely was though (they are very good friends and wouldn't be mistaken), plus she is perfect with her litter tray.

She was being bonded with my pair until they fell out last week, she is now by herself again and I imagine it may have been a very stressful time for her. She's chilling with me in the lounge at the moment, I'm hoping a bit of love might help, she loves human company.

Flora still does it every so often - probably twice a year. She's nine and a half :shock: and has been spayed since she was about 4 months old.

Oh really, maybe some buns are just a tad confused. Our old spayed cat used to carry pairs of sock and toys round etc like a kitten and howl until we acknowledged her 'kitten' the vet thought maybe during her spay some kind of hormonal tissue had been left behind, perhaps it could be similar to that?

Back