• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long should I wait....

Hele

Warren Veteran
I had the second of my rabbits neutered 3 weeks ago today, to other one was done 2 days before that. the vet I asked said that 3 weeks would be enough time to wait before bonding, I always thought it was 8 (so I have not started yet).

I am rather nervous about this bond as they are boys and yesterday Loki got into the room with Thors pen in it, they only met through bars and obviously it was not neutral territory it was Thors territory but Loki (after I removed his head from the bag of food :roll:) seemed to suddenly notice Thor and his tail went straight up and he started running up and down the side of the pen, Thor seemed curious and ran over, his tail went up too, though it seemed to be a response to Loki's initial aggression and they did lunge at each other through the bars....

They were only together a couple of mins as we saw Loki's bid for freedom through the living room door not being closed properly but their immediate aggressive behaviour has me worried, especially as it seemed to be coming from Loki, not Thor who had the excuse with it being his territory :?

If they show this immediate aggression in a neutral setting then would bonding be a bad idea?

I have a back up plan but these two being together would be the best result!

Back