• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ratties - how old?

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
how old would you rat savvy guys guesstimate willow and buffy are

FCACEE1C-8A66-44D0-856E-8BD41006CF41-3495-00000528B3DC451D.jpg

E6FCF4F9-4DB8-42DE-8467-CE02A9BD98DC-3495-00000528AA2CFC98.jpg

D736A354-E33A-4992-8562-CC642862B101-3495-00000528A2664654.jpg

CE8C1F2A-6C54-4C65-9978-E901E036FD4D-3495-00000528810B78FC.jpg

I thought they looked really old for a minute, then realised they have rex fur so that will make them look old, then noticed the roan hadn't roaned so likely are pretty young. Though the silver fawn (ginger) looks older. It's hard to tell from photos. Do you have an age guess on them? Or weights?

I thought they looked really old for a minute, then realised they have rex fur so that will make them look old, then noticed the roan hadn't roaned so likely are pretty young. Though the silver fawn (ginger) looks older. It's hard to tell from photos. Do you have an age guess on them? Or weights?

because they are small, underweight, and poorly the vets can only go on their size and look of their fur.

they think 6-12 weeks

I am thinking the lower end of that but am not sure...

they are tiny

I'd agree with 6-8 weeks, but they do look underweight. Glad you have them now and are building them up! Where did they come from?

Are you a member of FR forum? Lots of good advice on feeding up skinny babies there, and lots more ratty people to coo over your babies hehe :)

I'd agree with 6-8 weeks, but they do look underweight. Glad you have them now and are building them up! Where did they come from?

Are you a member of FR forum? Lots of good advice on feeding up skinny babies there, and lots more ratty people to coo over your babies hehe :)

hehe! I am but havent posted much yet.

I shall check that out, buffy is putting on more weight but willow is a little slower.

we "think" pets at home, as the the only other pet shop in the area refuses to sell to anyone under 21 unless with a parent and dont sell rats until they are 14+ weeks

I saw one of the lads today he looked at me very guiltily. I have been putting up anti animal cruelty posters in the area sooooooooo they cant really escape what they did, will make them aware people are watching so they wont do it again and hopefully make some guilty. rarw!

I'd say about 6 weeks, they haven't even started to grow into their paws or ears yet :D
The grey and white one could do with a claw trim. Bob has claws that grow like needles like that, I have to take the ends of every 10 days or so. Little cuties, love them! :love:

Back