• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run a round?!

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a cheaper version to the Run A Round hutch to run connection kit? I would love to get one but considering we have just spent £170 on a new hutch I think I would be pushing my luck asking hubby if we can get a run around too :lol:

Any ideas??

My hubby went loopy when he saw runarounds prices. Refused point blank to pay

He came up with another way to do it. We have a 6 inch ducting pipe (bigger than runarounds but same thing) which connects the two together. We don't have the doors though. Our run has sliding doors on the sides which it fits into. Couldn't believe that he did the same thing for £30 :).

Oooo what hutch? :D

Yeah, you can get similar tubes (they are usually bigger, don't have 'air holes') from builders places and you can modify them to mesh (the small mesh, you can get a small roll from wilkos) :p

Oooo what hutch? :D

Yeah, you can get similar tubes (they are usually bigger, don't have 'air holes') from builders places and you can modify them to mesh (the small mesh, you can get a small roll from wilkos) :p

:wave:

Hi Aly&Poppy,

We are going for the 6ft single storey one from the happy hutch company :) I spoke to our local bunny rescue and he said he wasn't keen on the two storey hutches and that for the same money we would be better off buying a well made 6ft single hutch.

Thanks for the tip about where to get things to make a attachment. We've got a friend staying at the weekend whose a dab hand at DIY etc so I might ask him if he fancies the challenge :D I've already roped him into making a wooden box for Peters run :lol:

My hubby went loopy when he saw runarounds prices. Refused point blank to pay

He came up with another way to do it. We have a 6 inch ducting pipe (bigger than runarounds but same thing) which connects the two together. We don't have the doors though. Our run has sliding doors on the sides which it fits into. Couldn't believe that he did the same thing for £30 :).

Hi Foxy,

I agree, although the runarounds look fab, they are a little pricey. Probably could wait a while (whilst hubby gets over the cost of the hutch!!) but I'm far too impatient :lol:

:wave:

Hi Aly&Poppy,

We are going for the 6ft single storey one from the happy hutch company :) I spoke to our local bunny rescue and he said he wasn't keen on the two storey hutches and that for the same money we would be better off buying a well made 6ft single hutch.

Thanks for the tip about where to get things to make a attachment. We've got a friend staying at the weekend whose a dab hand at DIY etc so I might ask him if he fancies the challenge :D I've already roped him into making a wooden box for Peters run :lol:

Yeah, and single ones offer more 'full' space if that makes sense. There isn't a hole in the floor and a ramp taking up space :thumb: then the run you get will have plenty of room too :D

You'll just have to make sure it's nice and secure :D maybe make a frame for the mesh and things like that :)

Can't wait for pictures.. ;)

Yeah, and single ones offer more 'full' space if that makes sense. There isn't a hole in the floor and a ramp taking up space :thumb: then the run you get will have plenty of room too :D

You'll just have to make sure it's nice and secure :D maybe make a frame for the mesh and things like that :)

Can't wait for pictures.. ;)

Lol you lot are obsessed with pictures :lol: most threads I read have someone saying they are looking forward to seeing pictures :lol:

This how hubby did ours. We got our tube from a online company as couldn't find one in local builders big enough (sellotape now gone).

258769_10151285187745774_2083833450_o.jpg

Back