• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone recommend a good rabbit vet in Peterborough?

Deevee

Young Bun
I have been let down recently and feel very disheartened. Would appreciate any help to steer me int he right direction of a vet that knows about rabbits!

Hi :wave: I'm from Stamford and I use Animates in Bourne, would heartily recommend them to be honest, they seem very good and have always treated our buns fabulously. There is also another branch of Animates in Market Deeping, and there is Hampton Vets in P'boro although I've never been there so can't recommend them as such. Have heard good things about them though, but that was for large animals as opposed to rabbits. Also, Vets4Pets in Pboro is apparently very good. When Alfie, my one year old mini lop, was five weeks old he got headtilt, and the breeder (who is a fab fab fab breeder, very responsible and caring!) took him to vets4pets. My mum regularly spoke to the head vet at V4P to get updates on Alf and he sounded very knowledgable. I would recommend animates tbqh though, don't know what you're like for transport but it should only take you 25 mins ish to get to the one in Thurlby. I've been to Animates for 7 years now and never had any problems, they dealt with my elderbun and her bad bout of stasis after spaying extremely well, as well as Alfie's ecuniculi when we brought him home at 10 weeks old. :wave:

If you ever need a truly excellent rabbit vet - especially if it concerns surgery of any kind however complicated, or in depth knowledge of tests for anything, etc then I cannot recommend my vets highly enough. They are Cambridge so a bit of a drive - but I did Cambridge up to Peterborough turn off in c45/50 mins today -

Mrs Marion Ford at Cambridge Veterinary Service Cherry Hinton Rd, Cambridge

01223 249331

(also Mrs Jill Pearson there though she does not do surgery).

I was recommended the Stamford Vets in Great Casterton just outside Stamford however I've been using Brayhouse in Grantham and they're lovely. Probably a bit far for you, mind, but Stamford should be closer.

Back