• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm hungry, is it time for lunch yet?

cuteboyz

Warren Scout
hmm what shall I have today
whatshallIhave.jpg

orangejuice.jpg

think my nuts are in this bag
whatsinhere.jpg

aremynutsinthisbag.jpg

or shall I have strawberries
strawberries.jpg

and orange juice :)
yeahorangejuice.jpg

Wow what a stunning parrot :love::love::love:

Australian cockatoo ? I thought maybe you lived in Oz but your fridge contents are British, from what I can see.

He is a lovely bird, what is his name and is he a talker?

Male parrots are considered better talkers than the females, although the female Eclectus we have wouldn't have any of that. She could talk the leg off an iron pot.:roll:

Tritons are about the same size as the Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo that are native to where I am in Australia.

BYB - We also have strawberries in our fridge, together with a whole lot of other fruits for the bird.:)

Male parrots are considered better talkers than the females, although the female Eclectus we have wouldn't have any of that. She could talk the leg off an iron pot.:roll:

Tritons are about the same size as the Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo that are native to where I am in Australia.

BYB - We also have strawberries in our fridge, together with a whole lot of other fruits for the bird.:)

His name is Jas and he can talk for England :D There is never ever a quiet moment in this house :lol:
He eats lots of fruit, and most other things too, but tends to leave his veg :roll:
There aren't many Tritons here, I am an ACO for a parrot rescue and have only ever come across one other Triton, a female, she has all sorts of health problems so can never be rehomed, poor thing but she is being well looked after and will live a happy life at the rescue :)
From the ones I have seen come into the rescue centre, greater sulphers although the largest of the sulpher crested Too's are a little smaller than the Triton, although having said that I suppose the female we have there may not be too much bigger, but then Jas is much bigger than she is :D Or maybe my boy is just too big for his boots :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Jas.

I think the Tritons are native to New Guinea so we don't see them around but there are scores of Sulphur Crested living around our place and roosting in the bush area of a night. Right on dusk they make a racket as they are choosing the right tree to spend the night.

Our Eclectus was found as a stray and came to us from a parrot rescue a year ago.

yes Lobo they are native to New Guinea and also on the endangered list I understand :cry:
It must be wonderful to see so many Too's living the life they really should be living, I envy you, I would just love to see that :)
Ideally I dont think cockatoo's should really be living in peoples houses, here they are hand reared and then end up in rescue centres because they are just too noisy and demanding, I dont think there is anything quite like a Too scream, its earsplittingly loud. Also a lot of the poor things end up as self harmers, its just so sad :cry:
Tritons dont breed easily though, which is why we dont see many of them over here.

Ekkies are beautiful birds, would love to see and hear about yours :)

And Yvette please tell me more about the lovely Ruby :)

It was the brand names that made me realise what country the food was from. I remember my friends eclectus loved talking and shouting out names. If you left the room she was not happy and let you know about it. I miss her company. I would sit next her on my friends laptop while she was at work during the day.

I only went into the fridge to get some milk to make a coffee, a wham he was there before I had chance to close the door :D
I had a fresh uncooked chicken in there but whipped it out quick because I didnt want him biting through the bag on that but if I had been able to leave it in there you would have been in no doubt which country we are from, it has a big union jack flag on the packaging :lol::lol:

Ruby is the same,cupboards, the bin,sharp knives...shes in it...:roll:
sweets,teacups,....

Back