• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House bunny dummy...

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Im pondering moving rosey indoors through the winter if she cant be spayed/bonded and I havnt ever put any thought into house buns before... :oops:

What size space is ok for a dog crate/puppy pen set up? Im thinking she would either have to go in my bedroom which I would like to avoid or in the conservatory... Iv looked at puppy crates online and I know where im at with those as have used them before but I dont know what size puppy pen I would need :? Is there a minimum indoor space requirement (obv bigger is better but I dont have tonned or spare space or a spare room!!)... how much space do your (non free range) indoor bunnies have?

ETA even if she will bond im thinking of having her and her husbun as house buns as im worried about roseys lack of body fat and her being able to keep warm through the winter :(

Im not too sure, I am assuming a similar amount of room to outdoor bunnies if they wont be free-ranging at all. Mine have a double bedroom now but they used to have 2x XL dog crates put together and then free-range from about 5:30-11 (and also for an hour or so in the morning).

If you can I would avoid the bedroom, mine could be SO noisy and would drive me mad in the night when they were in mine.

Sorry to hear about losing your bunny, hope you can find an arrangement thatyou and Rosey are happy with.

I am having the same thought, I have just ordered a 36inch crate as I am worried about Sooty's low weight, I think I am going to just bring them in over night when it gets really cold.

I had a 48inch dog crate and 2 puppy pens attached. Bar rattling got too much so now she has run of the room :roll:

You can only get 60cm wide panels that come in pens of 6 or 8. The ones I have we're on eBay for £30 and they are 4ft high and fold up really easily. If one of those was attached to a large dog crate it would be great:thumb:

i think the dog crate I have is 42" and I put a shelf in, and then they have access to my room when im in there, I had hoped to allow them out through the night, but its not possible :(

however they tend to have set binky times! so they go crazy at like 1-2am and then i put them away and they sleep pretty much all night!

I am having the same thought, I have just ordered a 36inch crate as I am worried about Sooty's low weight, I think I am going to just bring them in over night when it gets really cold.

Hey hun, don't know if I'm reading this correctly but do you mean bringing the buns in overnight then popping them back out during the day?

If so I would advise against it as the changes of temp can make them really poorly.
If you bring them in that is where they will need to stay till spring;):thumb:

If I read it wrong, feel free to ignore me:lol::lol::thumb:

Hey hun, don't know if I'm reading this correctly but do you mean bringing the buns in overnight then popping them back out during the day?

If so I would advise against it as the changes of temp can make them really poorly.
If you bring them in that is where they will need to stay till spring;):thumb:

If I read it wrong, feel free to ignore me:lol::lol::thumb:

No you read right, thanks for that, never thought of that :oops:, looks like they will be house buns over winter then, when should I bring them in from?

OK i have bought a 48" dog crate tonight from ebay :thumb:

Is this the right sort of thing for the puppy pen?~
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOG-PUPPY...UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item19ce274a8d

Was looking at the XXL one?

Baildon bears...im going to bring rosey in as soon as the crate and pen get here...its pretty chilly out there tonight. Iv just put a heat pad and a thick fleece blanket in there for rosey as im so worried about her getting cold :(

XXL is VERY high. Like, I bought XL and I was like :shock: when it arrived. Didn't quite realise how big the panels were. My frenchies can easily get over 60cm ones but I should think 'large' height (so 90cm ish) would contain most buns (mine have never gotten over my 90cm baby gate, touch wood!). XXL would give you peace of mind though haha

XXL is VERY high. Like, I bought XL and I was like :shock: when it arrived. Didn't quite realise how big the panels were. My frenchies can easily get over 60cm ones but I should think 'large' height (so 90cm ish) would contain most buns (mine have never gotten over my 90cm baby gate, touch wood!). XXL would give you peace of mind though haha

Higher the better as I have dogs :) although Millie isnt bothered by the buns I would like to take all precuations possible! do you have to stop over or can you open one of the 'doors' to get in?

Higher the better as I have dogs :) although Millie isnt bothered by the buns I would like to take all precuations possible! do you have to stop over or can you open one of the 'doors' to get in?

If it's like the one I have that is 8 separate panels with pins/poles connecting them then yes you just take a pole out and step in, but I can't tell from their auction whether it is that or not?

You'll not be able to step over a 122cm one though!!

Last edited:
Hi. I have two of these http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/runs_fencing/73280/8_sided/95235
(when bonding they would be side by side in them)

Anyway, it is a really sturdy pen. I got the largest size. I can squeeze in and out of the door and you can attach pens together. It also folds up neatly.

I have used a dog crate before as well. I had a 48" crate but it really did not look that big once Matilda was in it. This was our set up but it really needed the pen attached as well for her to have much space at all.

IMG_0913.jpg

Sorry that the picture is so big.

I wish I had just gone with pens to begin with. I would have saved lots of money. Also the pen can be manipulated in to akward spaces.

Back