• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't like asking for vibes....but here goes :(

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Well, my Boris is quite poorly with his snuffles atm. He has a very snotty nose which makes me think it's an actual relapse of pasteurella, so I've put him on Septrin twice a day, he also gets echinacea. Really hope there will be some improvement before I go back to Stockholm (uni) on Sunday, I hate leaving him when he's like this. He's really struggling :( when he's resting he's "ok", but as soon as he gets up and runs about his breathing goes horrible. He's bright and rather active despite everything, but I can tell he isn't feeling too well. He's not eating much and just seems fed up :( Trying my best to make him feel better, but I'd really appeciate some vibes. He definitely needs them :(

Thank you! I can't believe we've been battling this disease for a year now :shock: If only I knew then what I know now, eh....*sigh* I don't have a rabbit savvy vet over here either, so I can literally only do my best. Which includes spoiling him rotten too (I have just given in to his big sad eyes and given him yogurt drops! Nom nom!) :oops:

:(so sorry he is not well and is battling....sending huge vibes for Boris, snuggles too!

Would using a ...aaah what do you cal them again? steam thingy? with hot water & salt.....maybe help unblock his nose abit....

Thanks!

Oh, you mean a nebuliser....unfortunately I haven't been able to get one of those yet :oops: Struggling a bit financially, and they cost a bit. I've been planning to for ages :oops: For now I "nebulise" him with just steam, usually by popping him into the bathroom for a few minutes or placing a bucket of hot water right outside their room (he likes to sit by the door). It seems to be helping but an actual nebuliser would probably be best. I'll see if I can get one when my student loan comes in.

Thank you :) he's looking a little brighter now, having been able to eat some veg and hay :) It's scary how much worse it seems to get in the morning and evening when he's been running around :( I keep telling him to calm down but he won't listen! He just doesn't want to slow down, bless him.

I was just thinking...some people have made their own neubulisers...they have got a clear storage box and then the bunny hops in and there is a hole where the steam can come in...maybe someone has a picture of their setups? more vibes for Boris xxx

Back