• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Expensive Bunnies

Janey

Warren Veteran
Just made the mistake of asking how much I jad spent on vet treatment since April 2010 when I joined the practice, over £4000. I know it will be minimal compared to many but Ive only had two buns for most of that time & most of it is for one bun.

And £48 for a small bottle of Baytril today...I nearly had heart failure.

:shock: that's a lot! I'm sure they're worth it at the end of the day though :D

How much baytril did you buy? I bought a small amount the other day for Harvey, about 6.5ml, and it cost £6.50 so for £48 you must get A LOT of baytril!!!

I once asked my vets that question, then quickly changed my mind! I don't want to know! :shock:

I'm sure the cost of Baytril has gone up recently. :?

:shock: that's a lot! I'm sure they're worth it at the end of the day though :D

How much baytril did you buy? I bought a small amount the other day for Harvey, about 6.5ml, and it cost £6.50 so for £48 you must get A LOT of baytril!!!

It was quite a lot, a whole small bottle, probably about 30mls, despite having it many times before it's never only been that I've paid for so I didn't realise the expense. :shock:

They are worth it, I told my ex (who is Poppy's 'Dad'), he said 'you don't miss the money once it's gone'....hmmmm......very easy for him to say :roll:

In two weeks I have spent £140 on vet bills, £80 on failed bonding, £12 on hay, £40 on NIC cubes due to the failed bonding and probably about £10 on veg........goodbye the watch I was planning on buying with the money my Parent's gave me for my birthday :roll:

Since I moved to Trinity Vets I've kept records of all vet treatment. We're just shy of £2,000 in approx three years.

After 12 years at the same vet I dread to think. I mentioned to the receptionist last month about printing off my total, she looked and said "it's bad enough this year, let alone the rest". I've only said out loud "How much?" once, and that was for a warty growth removal on a rat £353. :shock:

just don't even ask . . . . . :oops::oops::oops:

I have a feeling we could have paid off a hefty part of our (not inconsiderable) mortgage . . .

Back