• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I tripped over my bunny - praying I have not hurt him

bunkin

Warren Veteran
I know everyone does this at some time or other as bunnies do run up to your feet in that split second you are not looking down.
It is pouring down outside and nearly dark and I went out to his enclosure to put him to bed ( he has shelter outside but is really good at going back into his cage at night) and I was getting his nightime food outof the shed and turned round and he was almost sat on my foot ( he never does this at night) and my foot was already moving forward so I sort of pushed him and tried very hard not to stand his leg, I nearly fell over myself but thought I had put a bit of pressure on his back leg. Panic stricken I was but he hopped off okay into his cage for his treat and then he jumped straight up into the top level for rest of his food and was chomping away happily. I will watch him like a hawk tomorrow morning to make sure he is moving okay and eating okay but I feel so guilty:(:(:(:(

He has had many minor shoves with feet as he has a habit of literally jumping onto your feet as you walk and he has always been fine but this one was worse.

awww hopefully he wll be ok, they never learn though my too, are forever under my feet :oops: so i have to be careful

Thanks minilop for replying. Thankfully he is his normal self this morning- still playing chicken with humans feet:roll: I am now shuffling around like a very old woman so that I won't stand on him! The worst thing he does is you go into his huge enclosure and cannot see him so start walking shouting his name and all of a sudden he comes like a bullet straight onto your feet. I can just imagine one day in my eagerness not to stand on him I will end up on the floor and the embarrasement of having to get a paramedic for the broken whatever and explain I was felled by a small grey furry rabbit:D:D

One of mine ALWAYS does this,
When all the girls are out, its like dodge the rabbit, they just dont care and jump up your legs, on your feet, a few times ive never come a cropper out there cleaning them out etc.

My two do this all the time, especially Bella! She follows me around the room and is always by my feet, I have to be really careful not to step on her/trip over her. Glad your little one is ok!

Oh I've kicked Doughnut a few times as she literally sits on my slipper! One minute she's one place, go to get a step and she's literally on my foot. I haven't kicked her hard but feel so guilty.

When other people come round if they are not sitting down I put her in her hutch as they are not used to looking around their feet all of the time. She also always sits behind the door waiting for me to come in, and digs at it to get to me, so I have to open that slowly too so I don't knock her flying!

If he didn't squeal like a stuck pig the chances are he's okay.

My daughter accidentally trod on Thumper's foot a while ago - like you, the rabbit just darted in her way at the last second. I'd never heard a rabbit squeal before ... :shock:

(she was fine - my daughter, however, was rather upset)

Little horrors aren't they! I assumed that if really hurt a rabbit would scream like they do in the wild, have heard it in the wild and its a dreadful sound.

I'm still shuffling around eyes fixed firmly on the ground - just could do with eyes in my backside for when he sneaks up behind me:D

Back