• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasper's new house!

MillyAlice

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :wave:
I asked for some advice a little while back on adding some space to Jasper's house. Unfortunately, as we're still learning to be good bunny parents, Jasper just lived in his 6x2ft hutch during the day. We're looking to get him a friend and one of my biggest concerns was that a rescue wouldn't let us have one without a run for him.
Wanting to do the best by our rabbit, we've set up his new home.
IMG_085812.jpg

IMG_08591.jpg

The second one features Jasper tucking in to some delicious cardboard.
I think it's a big improvement!

That's a really great size :) Does the run take up most of the room? If it does, it might be beneficial to just rabbit-proof the rest of the room and use the panels to cut off the tv, door, electrics e.t.c.

Just one criticism albeit a constructive one, I see no hay? Perhaps bunny wouldn't eat so much cardboard if he had some. Do you agree? But he's a lovely bunny.

Natty123, it takes up about half the room, it doesn't bother us and it's slightly easier than ensuring the sofa/coffee table don't get eaten! Also we cover the carpet but he loves to dig, the fence around his enclosure is weighty enough to stop him getting to the delicious carpet underneath!
Tonibun, the flower pot in the 1st pic is filled with hay, there's some for him in his cage as well, I'm going to get a nice rack to put on his cage, I just haven't had a chance yet. He does eat his hay, we're working on getting his diet to exactly where it needs to be, we have been overfeeding on pellets through ignorance :( we're scaling it back gradually to avoid any upset, plus he has xrays on friday so I don't want to screw with his diet too much right before he's sedated :/

Edit: ooh I linked to this thread from your other thread and then replied on this one instead of that one, sorry :lol::oops:

*hums* nothing to see here!

Last edited:
Back