• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Suddenly Terrified

LilRabbit25

Warren Scout
I woke up from my rabbit thumping his feet very loudly in his cage. One foot was in his water bowl and he was sitting there and not noticing my voice. Usually, when i come to his cage in the morning, he gets excited and comes running to the entrance but a soon as i came he started thumping and running back and forth. Then when I let him out he started thumping and running under the sofa. He usually never does this! And he doesn't let me touch him at all.
By the way, a few weeks ago a his ears and nose were a bit inflamed (i went to the vet), but he's had medicine.

Our Boris does that sometimes - I go into let him out in the mornings and sometimes he's just plain terrified of something. I often wonder if the plonker hasn't had a snooze and a bad dream. Or maybe there was a noise that freaked him out. Or even an odd smell that wafted past. To be honest - who knows, but Boris does eventually get over it. We just talk daft at him but we don't try to touch him - we just let him come round in his own time.

It is horrible seeing them like that - hope he sorts himself out soon.

I hear Doughnut downstairs sometimes stamp her foot. It's not very often. I think she's heard something or maybe smelt a fox go by the window.

I just go down to her to calm her down. She stops after a while and I give her a pellet then put her back to bed. It frightens me as I don't want her to die of fright but apparently she is warning me and other bunnies around of danger and can't die of fright like this!

I would maybe put a treat down for him and give him some reassuring strokes, or leave him alone if he appears frightened of your too. Doughnut doesn't run away from me, she just stretches fully until she does another bounce, like she's scared to go too far away.

Back